Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

French magazine publishes controversial cartoons of Prophet Muhammad - many killed in revenge attack

Liberation reporting Cabu (the cartoonist) and Charb (editorial director) have both been killed. Five people are critical. No confirmation that a rocket launcher was used but reports that kalashnikovs were. A CH journalist claimed that there was an editorial meeting going on at the time which is why so many people were in the office. Also reports the attackers asked for named journalists.

I wondered if that was relevant, too - does it suggest experienced killers rather than 'rubber dinghy rapids' amateurs?

It might ... or it might just suggest someone not experienced/hardened enough to be able to look back on what he's just done. Could mean pretty much anything really.

Jesus this is awful. :(

These murdering cunts must have had proper training from somewhere. They set out with clear objectives, which they appear to have accomplished and evaded the French police in the process.

ETA afterthought, I wonder if these European governments that provided financial assistance to these right wing religious nutjob groups in the ME to expedite the toppling of Bashar Al Assad realised that there would be blowback at some point. There always has been.

I'm not sure it is. For example, are we more likely suffer a terrorist attack here in London, now, than we were in the IRA's heyday? Or are we just more aware now.

Probably more likely to die of one, say what you like about the IRA but killing civilians was never the primary objective.

I'm not sure it is. For example, are we more likely suffer a terrorist attack here in London, now, than we were in the IRA's heyday? Or are we just more aware now. Has the spread of hate via the internet been matched by increased intelligence gathering?

The tiny little band of so called patriots did not splinter into dozens of groups or inspire dozens of groups worldwide causing chaos in many other countries. There's the difference. I believe we are in peril and not because of any red alerts or whatever the govt tells us. It just seems likely, sadly.

I foresee a massive outbreak of Prophet cartooning. On the whole people throughout history have always resisted being told what to do.

It may even end in a national cartoon day.

Nothing should be beyond caricature, it may well be culturally insensitive but if a person's faith is unshakeable they should be able to get over it.

No confirmation that a rocket launcher was used but reports that kalashnikovs were.

This is what is worrying me now, they're still out there, still armed and might even have a fucking rocket launcher. I hope the fuckers get taken out asap.

Back
Top Bottom