Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

French magazine publishes controversial cartoons of Prophet Muhammad - many killed in revenge attack

La dessinatrice Coco, qui travaille pour Charlie Hebdo, a été témoin de l'attaque. "J'étais allée chercher ma fille à la garderie, en arrivant devant la porte de l'immeuble du journal deux hommes cagoulés et armés nous ont brutalement menacées. Ils voulaient entrer, monter. J'ai tapé le code. Ils ont tiré sur Wolinski, Cabu (des dessinateurs décédés dans l'attaque, ndlr). Ça a duré cinq minutes... Je m'étais réfugiée sous un bureau... Ils parlaient parfaitement le français... Se revendiquaient d'al-Qaida", a-t-elle expliqué à l'Humanité.

A witness, a designer called Coco, quoted in the French press saying attackers spoke fluent French & claimed affiliation to Al Qaeda. Reminded me of something i think butchersapron said recently about a terrible dynamic emerging as IS & Al Qaeda attempt to out-horror each other.

ETA - it was this post, in the context of the Pakistani Taliban school attack.

A witness, a designer called Coco, quoted in the French press saying attackers spoke fluent French & claimed affiliation to Al Qaeda. Reminded me of something i think butchersapron said recently about a terrible dynamic emerging as IS & Al Qaeda attempt to out-horror each other.

trying to out-herod herod [/poe]

They "got" their revrenge in 1961, when the Paris police slaughtered hundreds of Muslims and threw their bodies in the Seine.

not meaning to be pedantick, but i was under the impression many of the 1961 victims were drowned - that is, they were alive when they entered the water.

Further reports suggest they said they were AQ in Yemen...

2015-01-07-14-08-06-1233349042-jpeg.66034

Fuck them.
i thought you'd be against the attack.

Why do people always describe terrorists as 'cowards' or weak/stupid/brainwashed? Is it to highlight how they are better than the terrorists? It never rings true and just sounds like the kind of bullshit words politicians come up with. Describing them as 'murderous bastards' is good enough without this dishonesty, surely?

Why do people always describe terrorists as 'cowards' or weak/stupid/brainwashed? Is it to highlight how they are better than the terrorists? It never rings true and just sounds like the kind of bullshit words politicians come up with. Describing them as 'murderous bastards' is good enough without this dishonesty, surely?

Cunts works too and wastes fewer letters on the cunts.

France24 just said it's an openly left-wing magazine? (I am at work so may have misheard.)

Bastards we can't win an argument so we will murder you pointless and stupid evil that will eventually disappear.
Like every ism that relies on force people eventually just have enough of your shit..

Surely weapons vs unarmed people can accurately be described as a cowardly act?

Back
Top Bottom