Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

French magazine publishes controversial cartoons of Prophet Muhammad - many killed in revenge attack

this took some planning.....
For the three guy attack team there must be some support team or teams
I expect further killings over the next days

Close up pic:

B6vwVsACIAAG04-.png:large

They came for business clearly.
Yeah, then we'd all be protected from being shot, like in America.....

Or any number of other European countries with liberal gun laws/high levels of ownership but where they aren't all pulling guns on each other? Switzerland? Czech Republic? Wouldn't that be the fairer comparison? The US has a different (and far more violent) history. Either way, this shows how well gun laws work, doesn't it? Idiots like this get hold of them whilst the masses don't.

Small point in the grand scheme of things, but I notice Sky News are happy to show (on repeat) the point blank shooting in the head of a person (with slight blurring), and talk about it like they're dissecting a film scene, but not once have they shown a single image / cartoon that this ostensibly stems from? Any other catalyst would have been broadcast non-stop :rolleyes:

Or any number of other European countries with liberal gun laws/high levels of ownership but where they aren't all pulling guns on each other? Switzerland? Czech Republic? Wouldn't that be the fairer comparison? The US has a different (and far more violent) history. Either way, this shows how well gun laws work, doesn't it? Idiots like this get hold of them whilst the masses don't.
Yep. Folk take their guns to the office in Switzerland. :facepalm:

I'm assuming the perpetrators are, as a by-product of their 'revenge' seeking to encourage more PEGIDA-style activity to sow discord.

1) Like America, we have a violent history.
2) Like America, we have a media that can OTT with fear in stories.

Even if you disagreed with that, relaxed gun control laws in the UK, won't work out like Switzerland.

Watch Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine", really is an eye-opener.

Yep. Folk take their guns to the office in Switzerland. :facepalm:

No but the argument usually goes that the US has high rates of gun ownership ergo that is why they have so many gun related murders. If they knew every area in Paris how a local militia it would at least give idiots like this something to think about or (more likely) physically stop them in their tracks. They're still out and about with their guns in Paris, aren't they? Wonderful.

I've been thinking about the thread title, were the cartoons obscene, was this truly a revenge attack. Obscene means offensive or disgusting by accepted standards of morality and decency., I would have thought the attack was obscene and revange was not the true motive.

(It's a small detail in a large & horrible event, & I don't want to bicker about it or get distracted by it, but I agree with you about the use of 'obscene' and 'revenge' in the thread title - I don't think they're accurate.)

this took some planning.....
For the three guy attack team there must be some support team or teams
I expect further killings over the next days

Seems like they were very cool and calculating and with an escape plan - I'd expect something else to happen sooner rather than later.

No but the argument usually goes that the US has high rates of gun ownership ergo that is why they have so many gun related murders. If they knew every area in Paris how a local militia it would at least give idiots like this something to think about or (more likely) physically stop them in their tracks. They're still out and about with their guns in Paris, aren't they? Wonderful.

If every journo in that office had guns in their bags they'd likely still have been shot when two armed turds broke in and shot the place up. They also shot 2 cops who were presumably also armed. Their guns didn't save them either.

There's this much repeated quote from Charlie Hebdo's editor: "A newspaper is not a weapon of war". The corporate media is very much a propaganda weapon of war. I'm not at all familiar with the magazine - was it genuinely above that shit? Not that even a DM journo deserves murder.

(and this isn't the time for a gun debate. I apologise for engaging in it.)

Just fuck off with your bullshit will you?

1) Like America, we have a violent history.
2) Like America, we have a media that can OTT with fear in stories.

Even if you disagreed with that, relaxed gun control laws in the UK, won't work out like Switzerland.

Watch Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine", really is an eye-opener.

Yes, we have a violent history but we didn't virtually wipe out a native population and we didn't directly import slaves and then torture, abuse and rape them etc etc. The mass of the British population were barely aware we had an empire nevermind the things we were getting up to with it.

I'm not saying it would work out exactly like Swizerland but the logic of BFC, from what I remember, was that the higher the levels of gun ownership the worse the gun crime/murders. I distinctly remember the comparison was made with the UK and our number of murders v gun owners but there was no comparison with, lets say, Switzerland or the Czech Republic. Presumably because it didn't fit Moore's simplistic argument.

Just come late to the thread...so apols if already covered...but what are we make to of the escape tactic? Not a suicide mission, then?

Back
Top Bottom