Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

French magazine publishes controversial cartoons of Prophet Muhammad - many killed in revenge attack

France 24 again saying there was a rocket launcher. Perhaps they were going to blow the whole place up? I hope it failed and was abandoned (didn't see iit as they escaped)...

I'm not doing anything, Octagon. I've told butchers where to go & as far as I'm concerned; that's the end of it. My concerns are with what's happening in Europe at the moment and what happens next.
it'll just be an endless line of attacks, over and over. just waiting for the next one over here. the only doubt is what it'll be - school, tube, train? who knows. it'll happen though.

Oh fuck you Sky News, fuck you so very much you absolute fucking wankers.

What is the fucking point in openly showing the murder of that French copper like that? Fucking distasteful cunts. Yes it happened, yes it is tragic but why the very fuck would you show the damned video clip of it? Talking almost admirably of terms like Double Tap? Cunts.

"we blurred the image" No you fucking didn't, not fucking enough you fetishistic CUNTS!

(my apologies for the language, but all the same.....Sky News are cunts)

12 people have been brutally murdered over freedom of speech. Isn't it ironic how you seek to hijack this thread and try and surpress a fellow poster's freedom of speech?

Fuck off and show some respect.

Urban doesn't do the freedom of speech thing and good job too.

<just wanted to get in early with that>

12 people have been brutally murdered over freedom of speech. Isn't it ironic how you seek to hijack this thread and try and surpress a fellow poster's freedom of speech?

Fuck off and show some respect.

Not here, and not now, please. I'm asking nicely.

Oh fuck you Sky News, fuck you so very much you absolute fucking wankers.

What is the fucking point in openly showing the murder of that French copper like that? Fucking distasteful cunts. Yes it happened, yes it is tragic but why the very fuck would you show the damned video clip of it? Talking almost admirably of terms like Double Tap? Cunts.

"we blurred the image" No you fucking didn't, not fucking enough you fetishistic CUNTS!

(my apologies for the language, but all the same.....Sky News are cunts)

France24 skipped the headshot. Thought for a moment that they were just gonna show the whole clip.

Before I heard about this I was trying to speak to some clients in Paris. International banks switchboards weren't being answered so it seems a fair bit of the city is in lockdown.

Reports of schools being evacuated - but if they've lost the attackers, it'll be impossible to make everywhere safe. I'm guessing the security forces will assume the attackers will continue until shot dead.

how much of this shit is caused by western imperialism and how much is caused by medieval, religious, backward savagery?

i am starting to think it's more of the latter than we give ourselves credit for.

Reports of schools being evacuated - but if they've lost the attackers, it'll be impossible to make everywhere safe. I'm guessing the security forces will assume the attackers will continue until shot dead.
the cowards will top themselves, i have no doubt.

They've got no other choice than to assume that really - and they'll also be worried by possibilities of other individuals dotted around the city, or even the country waiting for security forces to be tied down with the originals...can get a lot worse yet.

truly appalling wankers. This is like something out of Spiral.

the past week weve had the German anti Islam marches, now this - utterly fucked

France could kick off hugely over this

I'm going to ignore the sanctimonious attention seeking troll (well, apart from in this sentence about ignoring him lol). But, thinking if consequences closer to home, assuming it is what it looks like I'm guessing the likes of the edl, (probably bnp and possibly ukip as well) will try and use this to their advantage as they did with Rigby - how much capital do we think they'll gain out of it? I think it unlikely that it will draw in anyone who's not been involved before but well it be enough to pull people back who'd become inactive/disinterested?

Those fuckwits definitely just made life a lot harder for Muslims in France, that's for sure.

I'm going to ignore the sanctimonious attention seeking troll (well, apart from in this sentence about ignoring him lol). But, thinking if consequences closer to home, assuming it is what it looks like I'm guessing the likes of the edl, (probably bnp and possibly ukip as well) will try and use this to their advantage as they did with Rigby - how much capital do we think they'll gain out of it? I think it unlikely that it will draw in anyone who's not been involved before but well it be enough to pull people back who'd become inactive/disinterested?

Those fuckwits definitely just made life a lot harder for Muslims in France, that's for sure.
They'll be happy with that - that's the logic of polarisation and violentification they're pursuing.

Was just hearing reports that school aren't letting kids out.

i've had a quick read of this thread, what kind of satirical magazine is it? is it a french private eye or different? i read one comment saying it is right-wing. is that right?

They'll be happy with that - that's the logic of polarisation and violentification they're pursuing.
Yeah definitely. Trying to think what I'd want to do if it had happened here. Difficult/important time for French antifascists - hard work to be done on both fronts (far right/Islamist radicalisation)

i've had a quick read of this thread, what kind of satirical magazine is it? is it a french private eye or different? i read one comment saying it is right-wing. is that right?

Only ever read it once or twice, but it always seemed to me like the sort of publication where anyone is fair game.

Back
Top Bottom