Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Filth by name. . .

The Met have arrested and charged Greta Thunberg. Greta Thunberg charged with public order offence after London oil protest

Am I being paranoid, or does this have a certain 'targeted' feel about it? Aren't most protesters who aren't being violent arrested, moved and then de-arrested?

17 October 2023: International environmental and climate change activist, Greta Thunberg, together with Greenpeace activists Jeff Rice and Peter Barker and Fossil Free London activists Lars Kebbon and Joshua Unwin are among over two dozen people arrested by Metropolitan Police officers, led by Superintendent Matthew Cox, while protesting at the 2023 Energy Intelligence Forum near the InterContinental Hotel in Mayfair.

Greta Thunberg, Jeff Rice, Peter Barker, Lars Kebbon and Joshua Unwin were then charged with “failing to comply with a condition imposed under section 14 of the Public Order Act 1986”. The Metropolitan Police had demanded protesters move from the road on to the pavement.

76658327-12639153-image-a-33_1697547498029.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

76657421-12639153-image-a-12_1697546369313.jpg

76657589-12639153-image-a-15_1697546512178.jpg

76657277-12639153-image-a-1_1697546161516.jpg

2 February 2024: At Westminster Magistrates' Court, District Judge John Law said conditions imposed on protesters (by the Metropolitan Police) were 'so unclear that it is unlawful' which meant 'anyone failing to comply were actually committing no offence'.

District Judge John Law said the protest was 'throughout peaceful, civilised and non-violent' and criticised evidence provided by the prosecution about the location of where the demonstrators should be moved to - saying the only helpful footage he received was 'made by an abseiling protester'.

District Judge John Law added: 'It is quite striking to me that there were no witness statements taken from anyone in the hotel, approximately 1,000 people, or from anyone trying to get in.

'There was no evidence of any vehicles being impeded, no evidence of any interference with emergency services, or any risk to life.'

District Judge John Law dismissed the case against each of Greta Thunberg, Jeff Rice, Peter Barker, Lars Kebbon and Joshua Unwin because there was no case to answer.

80781451-13038541-image-m-74_1706888612906.jpg

She who laughs last laughs longest

20111224082822!Metropolitan_Police_Logo.png

Outside court on the first day of the trial, Greta Thunberg made a statement alongside some of her co-defendants in which she said:

"Even though we are the ones standing here, climate, environmental and human rights activists all over the world are being prosecuted, sometimes convicted, and given... penalties for acting in line with science.

"We must remember who the real enemy is, what are we defending, who our laws are meant to protect."

"History's judgement against those who deliberately destroy and sacrifice... resources at the expense of humanity, at the expense of all those who are suffering the consequences of the environmental and climate crisis... and at the expense of future generations, your own children and grandchildren will not be gentle."

After dismissing the case, District Judge John Law said he would grant defence lawyer Raj Chada’s request for the government to pay his legal fees and Greta Thunberg’s travel costs.

A misconduct hearing has found that a former Metropolitan Police officer would have been dismissed for sexual harassment after a professional standards investigation.

The five-day hearing heard that the anonymous ‘Officer A’, who was previously attached to the Metropolitan Police's Roads and Transport Policing Command, sexually harassed one female officer and made unwanted sexual advances to another.

The allegations were found to be a breach of Standards of Professional Behaviour because the conduct of anonymous ‘Officer A’ discredited the police and he failed to treat colleagues with respect and courtesy. The allegations were proven at the level of gross misconduct.

Anonymous ‘Officer A’ resigned from the Metropolitan Police in January 2024, shortly before the misconduct hearing. Had anonymous ‘Officer A’ still been a serving Metropolitan Police officer, he would have been dismissed without notice. Anonymous ‘Officer A’ will now be placed on the College of Policing Barred List meaning he cannot serve as a police officer or in a number of other related roles in the future. It is unclear how potential future colleagues of anonymous ‘Officer A’ will be alerted to his past behaviour in the workplace.

The panel heard evidence that anonymous ‘Officer A’ sexually harassed a female officer over a period of time between 1 May 2021 and 31 December 2021. This included a sexual assault, in which he forced the female officer into an inappropriate position, while on police premises.

On 26 December 2021, anonymous ‘Officer A’ made unwanted sexual advances and sexual comments toward a different female officer.

Anonymous Officer A was granted anonymity by the independent Legally Qualified Chair of the misconduct hearing.​

This is an issue for any future female colleagues of A once found guilty, they should lose the right to anonymity, as the safety of all is outweighed by this person's privacy rights.

Yesterday, the Metropolitan Police's suspended PC Clifford Mitchell appeared via video link from HMP Wandsworth at Croydon Crown Court to deny eight counts including five counts of rape, kidnapping two people and a breach of a non-molestation order.

PC Clifford Mitchell is accused of raping the same woman on occasions between April 2020 and September 2023 and of kidnapping her and another person last month:

Metropolitan Police officer denies five rape and two kidnapping charges

76205259-12598029-image-a-10_1696512934816.jpg

PC Clifford Mitchell will stand trial at Croydon Crown Court from 5 February 2024, though Judge Michael Evans KC indicated that the case may be tried by a High Court judge.

The trial of former PC Clifford Mitchell has now commenced:

"A former Metropolitan Police officer, charged with 13 counts of rape, tied up one of his alleged victims, and threatened to stab her and slit her throat, a jury has been told ..."

Metropolitan Police officer threatened to stab woman he raped, court told

This is an ongoing criminal trial.

I'm watching a programme called To Catch A Copper in which a camera crew was allowed to follow various misconduct cases of Avon and Somerset Police, including this one that I couldn't find on the thread:

It's a Channel 4 programme. Also, the IOPC are shown to have screwed up a case for assault, but that case is now proceeding to court later this year.

Last edited:
That catch a copper programme does include extensive bodycam footage of police officers treating vulnerable people with callous disregard if not, as one investigator remarked, dehumidaing them. And on two of the cases reflexive practice was recommended instead of disciplinary proceedings (which incident investigators didn't agree with).

The most disturbing case for me was a young black man behaving erratically, hallucinating and complaining his head and neck were hurting. He was later rushed to hospital and spent time on time support as he was found to have a brain aneurysm and despite asking several times for medical attention he was left unattended in a holding cell.

The police excuse for this? They're not medically trained to know the symptoms of a brain aneurysm.

They had assumed he was drunk when his behaviour was clearly altered.

And yes, it's easy to look back and say they should have done X, Y, Z, but you'd think any custody sergeant would be in full arsecovering mode and call an ambulance or ask for a medic to check them over.

I'm watching a programme called To Catch A Copper in which a camera crew was allowed to follow various misconduct cases of Avon and Somerset Police, including this one that I couldn't find on the thread:

It's a Channel 4 programme. Also, the IOPC are shown to have screwed up a case for assault, but that case is now proceeding to court later this year.
4 years on full pay too!

No one is actually named in this damning and deeply depressing report but posting it here for future reference.
And what does the bib below mean, or is just Graunspeak?
The report found that officers in Britain’s biggest force combatting child exploitation were overworked and lacked skills and training, and senior officers supposed to spot and correct mistakes did not. While there was good work done, the negative outweighed the bad, said the inspectorate.

No one is actually named in this damning and deeply depressing report but posting it here for future reference.

What does it mean? That the Met has failed to improve, that officers routinely use victim blaming language, describe groomed children as sex workers and dissuade children from making formal complaints.

Following his conviction for one charge of assault by beating in relation to an attack on Rizwan Ali, who suffered pain to his neck and chest and went to his local GP and hospital to be examined, serving West Yorkshire Police officer, PC Simon Hartley has now been ordered by Tameside Magistrates Court to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work and to pay £500 in compensation, £200 court costs and an £114 surcharge:

PC sentenced for assaulting man after row

79536865-12919109-image-m-34_1704210380045.jpg

375px-West_Yorkshire_Police_logo.svg.png

“This incident was captured on the officer’s body worn video, dashcam footage and a mobile phone. A complaint in respect of the officer’s actions was made to West Yorkshire Police Professional Standards Directorate and an investigation commenced, which resulted in the officer being suspended from duty. Now that the court case has concluded, we will move forward with misconduct proceedings.”

What does it mean?

grauniad cock up

article now has a correction -

This article was amended on 9 February 2024. An earlier version said that the HMIC report found that while there was good work done, the negative outweighed the bad; this was meant to say outweighed the good.

Former PC Jordan Masterson, of Townsend Avenue, Clubmoor, Liverpool, who resigned from Cheshire Constabulary in summer 2022, has now been found guilty of misconduct in a public office, after having sexual intercourse with a vulnerable woman who had called the police in the early hours of 28 December 2021.

Former PC Jordan Masterson turned his bodyworn camera off about 15 minutes into his visit to her home, before "violating" (see below) the woman:

Cheshire PC who had sex on duty guilty of misconduct

80427261-13002785-A_woman_has_told_a_court_that_police_officer_Jordan_Masterson_pi-m-3_1706132501593.jpg

During his trial, former PC Jordan Masterson's victim stated in her evidence:

'That's the word to describe how I felt. I felt completely violated. I was absolutely terrified. This is a police officer, I had to be so careful.

'You can't throw the word rape around like it's nothing but the violation I felt, it wasn't sex. I don't even know what word to use.

'It wasn't sex, it was just disgusting. It was a complete and utter violation of me in my home.'

An accelerated misconduct hearing was held before criminal proceedings and gross misconduct was found proven. Former PC Jordan Masterson, who would have been dismissed from the force had he not already resigned, was placed on the barred list, meaning he cannot be employed in policing in the future.

Judge Michael Leeming warned former PC Jordan Masterson that there was an 'overwhelming likelihood' he would be given an immediate custodial sentence, but adjourned the case until 20 March 2024 for a pre-sentence report to be prepared.

I have watched the first episode and, despite already having zero faith in and deep suspicion of the police, it was seriously upsetting.
Im glad channel 4 are doing this programme though and according to their website it's a highly watched programme, so hopefully the reality of policing in this country is becoming more apparent to the wider public.

Yeah, it's absolutely not easy watching at all and in at least one of the cases the investigating officer was pretty sickened and disgusted that the man accused was found not guilty.

It does give me small hope that at least one force is trying hard to change behaviours.

Last edited:
Women complain about systemic misogyny of Devon and Cornwall police over their handling of domestic abuse reports

ETA the Guardian claims the same story as an exclusive. Clearly it's not if it's also on the BBC

Last edited:
Following the recent convictions of Courtney Ellis for murder, attempted murder and perverting the course of justice (life imprisonment with a minimum term of 35 years), and of Christopher Kyei for perverting the course of justice (four and a half years' imprisonment) as a consequence of the murder of Michael (known as Craig) Small and the attempted murder of another man on Friday 5 July 2019, further criminality is alleged ... on the part of the Metropolitan Police:

Police 'joked' in YouTube clip about rapper's death in north London, claims grieving mum

These allegations originally surfaced in February 2021.

A police constable was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in a public office on 16 July 2019 and a sergeant from the same unit was interviewed under criminal caution.

Currently being repeated on 4seven.

Due to be repeated again on 4seven at 1.40am and 9.00pm on Wednesday 31st.
And on Channel 4 on Thursday 1st at 11.50pm.

That catch a copper programme does include extensive bodycam footage of police officers treating vulnerable people with callous disregard if not, as one investigator remarked, dehumidaing them. And on two of the cases reflexive practice was recommended instead of disciplinary proceedings (which incident investigators didn't agree with).

The most disturbing case for me was a young black man behaving erratically, hallucinating and complaining his head and neck were hurting. He was later rushed to hospital and spent time on time support as he was found to have a brain aneurysm and despite asking several times for medical attention he was left unattended in a holding cell ...

I have watched the first episode and, despite already having zero faith in and deep suspicion of the police, it was seriously upsetting.
Im glad channel 4 are doing this programme though and according to their website it's a highly watched programme, so hopefully the reality of policing in this country is becoming more apparent to the wider public.

I saw the first in that series and was just sickened by it. I'm about to turn it in for the night, so I won't go through the detail of the 3 cases covered, save to say they were really distressing. I was close to tears watching it. And, of course, they - the cops - all got off.

It seems that not all are as enthused about the broadcasting of this television series as participants in this forum:

"Rank and file police officers have criticised Avon and Somerset Police for taking part in a TV documentary ...

Members of the (Avon and Somerset Police) Federation said they felt "appalled" by the decision to take part in the documentary, and some felt "utterly betrayed" and "unsupported."

Avon and Somerset Police staff 'betrayed' by Channel 4 documentary

Is the Police Federation still a thing? If so, they have been eerily silent for a while; not putting a spokesperson up to defend the occasional bad egg.

Channel 4 News has revealed that a serving police officer has urged the Home Secretary to launch a public inquiry into the Police Federation, alleging that it is riven by 'bitter infighting' and 'systemic bullying':

Women complain about systemic misogyny of Devon and Cornwall police over their handling of domestic abuse reports

ETA the Guardian claims the same story as an exclusive. Clearly it's not if it's also on the BBC

"A woman who was allegedly assaulted by a police officer has claimed she was painted as 'the offender' and had her case covered up by by the force.

Jessica* spoke to ITV News about how she believes Devon and Cornwall Police has buried numerous cases of abuse by it's officers and how she has now 'lost all faith' in them ..."

... * The victim's name has been changed to protect her identity.

Further reported here (with interview):

'I've lost all faith': Woman allegedly abused by police worker says force covered up abuse

210px-Devon_and_Cornwall_Police_coa.svg.png

"It would be both inappropriate and premature to comment further at this stage."

(Jessica* was allegedly assaulted by a police officer five-and-a-half years ago.)

The most disturbing case for me was a young black man behaving erratically, hallucinating and complaining his head and neck were hurting. He was later rushed to hospital and spent time on time support as he was found to have a brain aneurysm and despite asking several times for medical attention he was left unattended in a holding cell.

The police excuse for this? They're not medically trained to know the symptoms of a brain aneurysm.

They had assumed he was drunk when his behaviour was clearly altered.

And yes, it's easy to look back and say they should have done X, Y, Z, but you'd think any custody sergeant would be in full arsecovering mode and call an ambulance or ask for a medic to check them over.
This made me so angry. My dad had a bleed on the brain whilst driving and crashed his car. We’d reported him as a missing person so the police called me when they found him and I drove straight to the location as I was out looking for him. When I arrived they were convinced he was drunk and were considering arresting him for failing to provide a sample but also said they thought it was unusual he didn’t smell of alcohol. I kind of managed to convince them to let him try a breathalyser again whilst my partner coached him through providing a sample, in which he blew 0 and they turned around an told me he was lucky and should take him home to sleep it off.

He was confused, unbalanced on his feet, zilch short term memory, and I knew there was a wait for ambulances that evening so I put him in the car and took him to hospital myself which did a scan showing he had a bleed. They need to be more aware of this particularly as the lad in the show had had a heatstroke whilst they arrested him.

If we hadn’t intervened I honestly think my dad could have died in custody that night. I watched the episode this week about sexual abuse too, which was just 🤦‍♂️

The had one copper bang to rights for preying on women and publishing sexual photos of them on the internet without their consent, and decided not to prosecute. If you ever read the police subreddit you’ll quickly realise how much predatory male sexual behaviour there is in the police force, they happily make sexual comments on public forums, and that’s a sub that literally verifies police are who they say they are too.

This made me so angry. My dad had a bleed on the brain whilst driving and crashed his car. We’d reported him as a missing person so the police called me when they found him and I drove straight to the location as I was out looking for him. When I arrived they were convinced he was drunk and were considering arresting him for failing to provide a sample but also said they thought it was unusual he didn’t smell of alcohol. I kind of managed to convince them to let him try a breathalyser again whilst my partner coached him through providing a sample, in which he blew 0 and they turned around an told me he was lucky and should take him home to sleep it off.

He was confused, unbalanced on his feet, zilch short term memory, and I knew there was a wait for ambulances that evening so I put him in the car and took him to hospital myself which did a scan showing he had a bleed. They need to be more aware of this particularly as the lad in the show had had a heatstroke whilst they arrested him.

If we hadn’t intervened I honestly think my dad could have died in custody that night. I watched the episode this week about sexual abuse too, which was just 🤦‍♂️

The had one copper bang to rights for preying on women and publishing sexual photos of them on the internet without their consent, and decided not to prosecute. If you ever read the police subreddit you’ll quickly realise how much predatory male sexual behaviour there is in the police force, they happily make sexual comments on public forums, and that’s a sub that literally verifies police are who they say they are too.
Yeah, I was appalled at this week's episode, not because of the documentary itself but that once again a known predator is not criminally prosecuted. And I completely understand that victims don't want to put themselves through the stress and torture of a trial, but when there's multiple victims surely the criminal justice system has to be overhauled to get predators off the streets?

They also shouldn't be allowed to resign ahead of a misconduct hearing.

Back
Top Bottom