Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Filth by name. . .

And I'll just leave this here:

There's a definite increase in police misdeeds being reported. One, the ripple effect of the Sarah Everard cade, plus a general 'clamping down' since Couzens so anybody prosecuted after that watershed case is finally reaching the courts and I think an increase in people reporting police now.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted but it's completely outrageous and new stuff seems to have come to light since I first read about if:

I'm not sure if this has already been posted but it's completely outrageous and new stuff seems to have come to light since I first read about if:

Already posted but does contain more detail around the burial documents and that SYP threatened Christopher Alder's sister with imprisonment if she told anybody that they were lying.

Former Met police officer found guilty of rape.

Ex-PC Ireland Murdock, 26, was convicted on Monday at Inner London Crown Court of raping the woman, who was known to him, in September 2021.
Ch Supt Andy Carter said afterwards Murdock had "committed an absolutely atrocious offence, and caused his victim a lot of pain and fear".
Murdock is set to be sentenced at the same court on 23 May.

During the trial, the court heard that in January 2022, after the woman reported Murdock to police, he searched for the victim's name on a police system and accessed a restricted crime report relating to her, when he had no policing purpose to so.

Met Police: Former officer found guilty of rape

I don't know why the BBC saw fit to add the phrase 'the woman, who was known to him' in the article. He raped her regardless of any pre-existing relationship or not. It feeds into the narrative that if it's not stranger rape, it's not that bad actually.

Wankers
Yeah, I spotted that... an attempt to distance him from others who target randomly. It's language focused on the offender, not the victim.

I don't know why the BBC saw fit to add the phrase 'the woman, who was known to him' in the article. He raped her regardless of any pre-existing relationship or not. It feeds into the narrative that if it's not stranger rape, it's not that bad actually.

Wankers
The phrase wasn't added by the BBC - they are quoting the Met's press release.
Former PC guilty of rape - Metropolitan Police

Wankers
I wondered why they'd put that but sadly I think you could be right. It's horrible.

It's a bumper day for the Met - here's one convicted of stalking someone he met whilst on duty:
Met Police officer sentenced for stalking woman he met on duty

Suspended sentence plus rehabilitation and 200 hours community service
Suspended sentence ffs! The effect on his family is caused by his action, not any penalty. What good is it going to do them having this ex-filth hanging around at home looking for a job, any job, and coming home from any job or no job resentful?
It takes a lot to get a stalking charge to stick.
Judge would have been doing them a favour by sending him down.

If his partner was actually pleading not to send him down (not reported) one might wonder at the degree of duress she was under.

Judiciary with its patriarchal attitudes really needs looking into.

Suspended sentence ffs! The effect on his family is caused by his action, not any penalty. What good is it going to do them having this ex-filth hanging around at home looking for a job, any job, and coming home from any job or no job resentful?
It takes a lot to get a stalking charge to stick.
Judge would have been doing them a favour by sending him down.

If his partner was actually pleading not to send him down (not reported) one might wonder at the degree of duress she was under.

Judiciary with its patriarchal attitudes really needs looking into.
Sorry, still fuming about this - judge treating it as if it was a road traffic offence.

Slightly different spin on this 'new broom' shit in the Times:
Met Police purge cracks down on hundreds of officers (archived)

1in200officers have criminal convictions including a handful with sex offences, drug possession, criminal damage and public order
700officers now on restricted duty

[Rowley] said that there had been “too much flexibility” in employing convicts.

Meanwhile a FOI inquiry by Politico revealed that the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection unit, which Wayne Couzens and David Carrick belonged to

had received 439 complaints in 2020, 2021 and 2022, including a total of 264 by members of the public.

UK parliament’s elite police unit received hundreds of complaints – POLITICO

The unit is only 1000 strong so that's quite an impressive number of complaints.

Of the 133 complaints made last year, 72 were by members of the public. Eleven individuals had more than one internal conduct complaint against them, and five had more than one public complaint made against them.

A former home office minister who spoke on the condition of anonymity described the figures as “appalling,” and called for every one of the officers with complaints to be removed from elite duties and lose their firearms while fully investigated. The Tory MP added: “These are supposed to be the best of the best, protecting palaces, ambassadors and parliament. I understand why people want to defund the police. They are preying on people and laughing as they get away with it. I am ashamed to say the government has helped create a toxic environment where the public need protecting from a system and police forces that actively protect corrupt police officers.”

Followed by this one from the BBC:

I think this approach does raise anumber of questions around crimes going unsolved for longer if fewer officers are tackling serious crimes. I get that the Met wants the 'bad orchard' problem to go away soonest, but is this the best use of resources?

I know that sounds a bit damned if they do, damned if they don't, but this feels like the Met felt they had to do something, anything and this was what they decided to do.

ETA: diverted from counterterrorism and organised crime 'missions", yeah that's not a good plan although I appreciate a certain skillset is required that excludes those not trained as investigators and/or undercover operatives. And I guess redeploying anyone away from women/partner/child abuse units would be leapt on by the media like a hyena on a gazelle. Which leaves what, robberies, drug squad, violent crimes? Surely some could come from there?

Last edited:
Slightly different spin on this 'new broom' shit in the Times:
Met Police purge cracks down on hundreds of officers (archived)

Meanwhile a FOI inquiry by Politico revealed that the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection unit, which Wayne Couzens and David Carrick belonged to

UK parliament’s elite police unit received hundreds of complaints – POLITICO

The unit is only 1000 strong so that's quite an impressive number of complaints.
Well I suppose the can't lose thousands of officers all at once but those numbers are somewhat disproportionate. Just goes to show how long this problem has been going on for and how little has been done about it.

At the very least they should be getting rid of those with convictions for violence, especially violences against women/partners, FFS.

Also has that wretched diplomatic protection unit been disbanded yet

He should have been shown the p45 long ago
As should thousands of other police officers, by the looks of things.

Article also states that 76% of complaints of domestic violence involving police officers bore further investigation, rather than being closed.

Back
Top Bottom