Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

Anti racist and anti fascist from what Ive seen. One guest on Sky added "I dont like the term far right" every time after mentioning far right, but other than that. The message is quite clear and from what Ive seen is bring reported positively.

Sky is definitely on the point of "well we have to report what everyone can see" and have been talking of "a very big expression of opposition to the far right".

Surreal to have the media on your side for one night.

East London looks massive.

"Dozens of Anti-racism protestors have gathered at Chatham Innovation Centre with signs reading ‘Stop the Far Right’ and ‘Medway Stand up to Racisim’. A group of people have started to congregate near them, shouting ‘No you’re not’, when the anti-racism protestors chant ‘Refugees welcome’. One man was heard shouting ‘Not in my town’."

That would explain why I've not heard a thing, that's the arse end of nowhere 😂

There were around 1000 of us in North Finchley - all backgrounds, nationalities, faiths etc. No sign of the fash - if any had turned up they would have turned around sharpish.

Shame many local businesses felt they had to shut up shop tonight because of the wankers, but great we have sent a clear message that they're not wanted here. As gsv said afterwards, you can be there are so racist fuckers locally (we know one on our street) who will have had to see this.

Lincolnshire Live:

"A few dozen anti-hate protestors have gathered outside the Lincoln Central Mosque and Community Centre. Everyone is in high spirits and many have been enjoying ice cream and burgers from local food trucks.

"Everyone is ready to protest but at the moment they have nothing to protest against."

Greetings from Sunderland :
Been checking around town all day and this evening I visyed the mosque that always gets targeted and went through town again before heading home at around 8.30. Not a fucking thing to report. It's a ghost town everything is closed and there's no buses, which meant me having to walk half way home for the second time this week.

Newcastle Chronicle re: Middlesbrough:

"A small group of people, including some anti-fascist demonstrators, have gathered at the site of an expected protest near an immigration centre in Middlesbrough, but no protesters had assembled 10 minutes after the planned start time."
That's encouraging as there's very little in place organisationally in Middlesbrough now. I can think of a dozen or more long standing anti-racists who will have been out there, though it would be interesting to see if there were some younger people, perhaps who were involved in BLM. Suppose that will be an interesting question across the country in terms of the antifash demos.

That looks like Sam Melia from Patriotic Alternative. Must be bored of being outnumbered in Leeds.
Except I just googled him and he’s in prison. :D
There’s a lot of young fellas with male pattern baldness on the far right. Perhaps they’re angry and fustrated about the wrong thing.

That's encouraging as there's very little in place organisationally in Middlesbrough now. I can think of a dozen or more long standing anti-racists who will have been out there, though it would be interesting to see if there were some younger people, perhaps who were involved in BLM. Suppose that will be an interesting question across the country in terms of the antifash demos.
Does the little anti racist Boro supporters ultras/gang still exist?

Reports of small, static crowds of racists in Aldershot and Portsmouth, but apart from that it seems huge counter protests have occurred, and gone off largely without incidence.

Back
Top Bottom