Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA Cup final 2023

stavros

I couldn't see a thread for this, so I thought it worth starting one.

I'll watch it, but I'm not really looking forward to it. I rather expect it to be a City procession, and I really don't enjoy watching them. Their media coverage is unanimously positive, as far as I can see, but I just sense a lack of soul.

Of course if United get an early goal it could make things interesting.

Won’t be a City procession by any means . Aside from the rivalry Man Utd have the potential to grind out a result , City have got the CL in a weeks time so expect squad changes and subs . City are the better team , as for a lack of soul have you seen their opponents?

Putting all talk of rivalry aside, of dodgy owners, of United losing their record of being the only treble winners, I truly hope there's a moment of unity between United and City fans at Wembley today - something that will make the city proud... I truly hope they boo the fuck out of the national anthem. :cool:

United's team:
Man Utd (4-2-3-1ish) De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Lindelof, Shaw; Casemiro, Fred; Fernandes, Eriksen, Sancho; Rashford.
Substitutes: Butland, Dalot, Maguire, Malacia, McTominay, Pellistri, Elanga, Garnacho, Weghorst.

Limited options up front, but I'm guessing that's Fernandes on the right, Sancho on the left and Rashford in the middle. TBH, I'd rather have had Weghorst in and Rashford on the left. Weghorst doesn't do stuff like, y'know, scoring goals, but they somehow play well when he's in. Anyway, what a story it would be if he comes on and gets the winner in what will be his last game. I know, I know.

"How would you defend against a player like Haaland, Jaap?"
Stam: "Well, you just defend him like you need to"

You hear that, Premier League defences??! Sort yourselves out, it ain't difficult! :mad:

Would really like to watch this but my kids are making me take them to the cinema :mad: City are the more enjoyable team to watch IMO, hope they get the win. Shame it's not against a more interesting opponent like Brighton. Or Fulham :D

I hope Utd win just because moneybags City's domination of football is fucking boring,
I know what you mean, and I was keen for Arsenal to win the title for that reason, but now City have done it I do kinda want 'em to get the treble. Whatever issues there are with the club, I really do wanna see the likes of KDB, Haaland and, yeah, Pep himself, having the success (I think) they deserve.

But if Rashford ends the day happy, that won't be too bad either :D

Back
Top Bottom