Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2021

For the "brake test" incident?

Keep in mind that simply lifting off the accelerator makes the car "brake" at about 1G on the straight. Unexpectedly not accelerating was one of Senna's tricks to prevent people overtaking.

Also worth keeping in mind that If Max and Lewis both DNF next weekend, then Verstappen will win the World Championship on race victories... (some might say that that was also one of Senna's tactics)

:hmm:

the move could of been completed a lot easier

Max was told to let him by but made it as difficult as possible

its gamemanship
I get that it's fine margins and all drivers/teams basically do whatever they can to eke out any and all advantages they can, but it does seem rather disingenuous to "give a place back" in a manner that all but guarantees you'll essentially retain the place in the very same move.

But I know mine is an attitude not built for professional sports :( :oops:

To be fair to him, he had an almost impossible task today.

For what it's worth (i.e. nothing) my opinion is that today he did as good a job as anyone could.
Race contral isn't just the race driector, he is the boss but he has a team there with him

if he had been clearer in previous races about what the rules were

today would not of happened

bargining with teams at the 2nd race before the end of the season is not a good luck

Yes that's the incedent, but the race control really fucked this race up, Max was clearly told but was Lewis? It seems not

Overall, I think this season has been a poor one for the stewards and the race director.

Seriously, would Charlie Whiting have let this happen? No. Mr Masi is far too intrusive. (Ditto the stewards.)

I get that it's fine margins and all drivers/teams basically do whatever they can to eke out any and all advantages they can, but it does seem rather disingenuous to "give a place back" in a manner that all but guarantees you'll essentially retain the place in the very same move.

But I know mine is an attitude not built for professional sports :( :oops:

have that idea myself but i'll take all the drivers opinion from the last race

Race control left a grey area that Red Bull are operating in

thats not something that should be acceptable

Would it have been better if he'd passed all decisions to the Stewards?

They'd still have been racing now...
Not all but some, clearly the stewards beleave he should have as they looked into 2 or 3 of the incidents. He should have used his team, that is what they are there for

my feeling is we are going back toward the 80's and 90's in regard to how aggressive f1 drivers can be

this year is setting it up

we just need more intruction from race control and the FIA about what is acceptable

Verstappen is summoned to the stewards for an alleged breach of Breach of Article 2 (d) Chapter IV Appendix L of the FIA International Sporting Code.

This says: "Causing a collision. Repetition of serious mistakes or the appearance of a lack of control over the car (such as leaving the track) will be reported to the Stewards and may entail the imposition of penalties up to and including the exclusion of any driver concerned."

Keep in mind that simply lifting off the accelerator makes the car "brake" at about 1G on the straight. Unexpectedly not accelerating was one of Senna's tricks to prevent people overtaking.

Also worth keeping in mind that If Max and Lewis both DNF next weekend, then Verstappen will win the World Championship on race victories... (some might say that that was also one of Senna's tactics)

Senna wasn't the only one to use that tactic, didnt Prost do it to Mansell once? And Schumacher on Hill?

well the stewards are a seperate body from race control

they taken umbrigide in the first restart when max ran out of road and can back on track unsafely

people should not slag of the race steward team on the track, they are an independance unpolitical body
made up by volunteers

just their because of personal passion for the sport

oddly my view point in Mazaspin has gotten better over this weekend

he is more than likely about the same level as stroll

a daddy boy's pay driver but he does not complain and shows respect to other drivers when needed

Back
Top Bottom