Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"Everybody has to have guns" says rock bellend in Eagles of Death Metal

having read the article i concur: universal gun ownership a recipe for disaster. how many playground deaths before children prevented ready access to pistols and assault rifles?
Giving kids access to pistols and assault rifles is a stupid idea.

Generally the weapons are going to be too heavy for them to handle and if you arm them with more manageable, smaller calibre guns, they're unlikely to have the stopping power required for a full on playground firefight.

What's needed is a kiddie sized pistol chambered in .45 acp, that can be easily carried in a satchel. I reckon reducing the magazine to 4 or 5 rounds would be a good start.

Last edited:
Giving kids access to pistols and assault rifles is a stupid idea.

Generally the weapons are going to be too heavy to handle and if you arm them with more manageable, smaller calibre guns, they're unlikely to have the stopping power required for a full on playground fire fight.

What's needed is a kiddie sized pistol chambered in .45 acp, that can be easily carried in a satchel. I reckon reducing the magazine to 4 or 5 rounds would be a good start.
perhaps .22 dumdums.

Not if you gave them enough guns they wouldn't.

Many wouldn't have even made it to the gig at all, weighed down by their armaments, their coat pockets utterly ruined.

Gun control advocates need to look at the 'third way' possibilities for an adequate compromise between public safety and industry concerns, like having all available public space literally filled with guns.

In your own school, sure, but with a Barrett you could shoot kids in any school within a mile radius.
yeh but for that a mortar preferable as stray shots may injure or kill members of the general public. the high trajectory of a mortar prevents this sort of school boy error.

Seriously, can you imagine what would have happened in that gig if everyone had a gun. Dark and crowded, gun shots and screams, people everywhere pulling guns. The death toll would have been far far greater - no doubt at all.
I'm not so sure. That one couldn't really have been much worse could it?

Seriously, can you imagine what would have happened in that gig if everyone had a gun. Dark and crowded, gun shots and screams, people everywhere pulling guns. The death toll would have been far far greater - no doubt at all.
yeh cos obviously the jihadis would have attacked somewhere where everyone was packing :rolleyes:

Somehow, I doubt if extra guns would have ended the Paris event with less casualties, if the number of hits to the shields are any indication of the terrorists response to anyone returning fire.

Back
Top Bottom