Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

EU watch

Apparently, its now classified as an "electoral autocracy". No surprise that Swedens second largest party the Swedish Democrats who were founded by an SS member are backing them.

article on Swedish Democrats by Expo here (needs google translate)

I think it’s the EU’s stance on Ukraine that’s the catalyst for the shift to the right across the various countries, I think so far there’s Hungry, Sweden and Italy next one to go Poland

Remarkable speech this morning by Jospeh Borrell re: EU's flatfooted and pisspoor response to the Ukraine crisis and complete inability to grapple with multiple security challenges.

Admits that the world which allowed the EU to prosper- cheap Russian gas + cheap Chinese labour & generous market access + US-backed security, has vanished, and the EU needs to up its game.

Blunt stuff for a bloc normally known for masterful obfuscation, saying the opposite of what it actually means, and covering up hypocrisy & doublespeak with made up new words.

Last edited:
Remarkable speech this morning by Jospeh Borrell re: EU's flatfooted and pisspoor response to the Ukraine crisis and complete inability to grapple with multiple security challenges.

Admits that the world which allowed the EU to prosper- cheap Russian gas + cheap Chinese labour & generous market access + US-backed security, has vanished, and the EU needs to up its game.

Blunt stuff for a bloc normally known for masterful obfuscation, saying the opposite of what it actually means, and covering up hypocrisy & doublespeak with made up new words.
Wtf does this line mean?

" I think that the Chinese workers with their low salaries have done much better and much more to contain inflation than all the Central Banks together".

Back
Top Bottom