Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs Ukraine

Whos gonner be the Don at the Donbass?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaka Tim

Half Arsed and Slapdash till I Die
Seeing as nobody has posted this thread yet.

so what do folks think?

England just need a point. Ukraine have to win.
But Englands confidence should be up and Mr Potato Head will be the fulcrum of the attack ...

So what's its to be?
England defend deep in order to play for a draw. This plan of course unravels just after half time and the headless chickens make an apperance again. A less than match-fit Rooney spits and snarls and becomes increasingly frustrated leading to him being sent off or - alternatively - being replaced by Andy Carrol who headers the equaliser from a last minute set peice/ gets goal disallowed for a foul on the keeper and England crash out having cruely got our hopes up that they were not going to be shite.

Or England play with growing confidence, hitting Ukraine on the break with the pace of Wallcott and Wellbeck and with the increasingly influencial Rooney pulling the strings.
When two goals to the good they take their foot off the gas and Ukraine pull one back - setting up a backs to the wall finish - but England pull through - and top the group! (france having drawn with sweden).

got to say win , but il be bricking it throughout the match , now gotta decide wether to go to the pub to watch it or stay at home ((( my first world problem)))

got to say win , but il be bricking it throughout the match , now gotta decide wether to go to the pub to watch it or stay at home ((( my first world problem)))

You think you have it bad?! I have to watch it a day late via a torrent because of the time difference here and having to avoid the world so I don't find out the result before I watch it! This proves there is no God!

You think you have it bad?! I have to watch it a day late via a torrent because of the time difference here and having to avoid the world so I don't find out the result before I watch it! This proves there is no God!

(((elfman's lack of god)))

keep off the boards tonight then ;)

If England go through they'll have Spain in the next round. So if they don't go out today, they will in the next match. My money is on Spain and Germany in the final, but I'd like it to be Spain v Portugal and Portugal to win. I know, it is just a dream.

dessiato said:
If England go through they'll have Spain in the next round. So if they don't go out today, they will in the next match. My money is on Spain and Germany in the final, but I'd like it to be Spain v Portugal and Portugal to win. I know, it is just a dream.

Not necessarily, playing Spain if we go through, depends how the table finishes.

not neccessarily , if the swedes hold off france for a drawer and we beat ukraine ( by 2 clear goals i think ) we will have Italy..

I think Ukraine are better than us but if we can play the tight sort of game we played against France I think we're in with a shout. I've got a feeling it might not be very pretty but we get through with a draw. Don't fancy our chances against either Spain or Italy.

Ukraine certainly seem to have the necessary to ruin our plans, crowd will be buzzing, so not exactly confident about this, but other hand is if things click no reason why we can't win either.

Whilst I think Ukraine is a tougher match then France's against Sweden it helps England that Ukraine have to win whereas Sweden will probably take a respectable draw against France. Therefore I think that if England can win the match we will top the group.

I suspect the plan will be a bit like Spain's last night keep it tight and don't concede and then hit them on the counter as they have to start taking risks in the second half. I don't see a draw, I either see an England win or being dumped out by a rampant Ukraine, fingers crossed for England.

Given how close both Spain and Germany came to being knocked out it just shows how close these Euro group stages are. England 3-1.

If England win and France draw - england top the group (7 points to France's 5)

If England win by 2 goals and France beat sweden by 1 goal - England top the group.

So England have reasonable-ish chance of topping the group.

I'm gonner get over excited and go for a 3-1 win.

If we get there - the q-final agasint spain or Italy will be a tense, close affair with few chances. If England play well you never know - we might go out on penalties again!

I just want to get through this evening, I don't think there is any great advantage to finishing 1st or 2nd. Ok so by finishing 1st you avoid Spain in the quarters but I've been impressed with Italy and anyway the winner of that match would face Germany in the semi's.

Right now I'd happily take a scrappy 0-0 and meet Spain in the quarters.

Tough one. Hodgson will want to do well, as he should. But then the Ukrainians have a lot more to play for. On home soil, staying in the tournment etc.

I'd rather play Spain next game, they've played well but are vulnerable on the counter. The Italians still look the business in defence.

First things first though, obviously.

Is Shevchenko still a doubt or has he recovered?

I dunno, a draw with France and a win against Sweden, both of which could have gone against us, and all of a sudden everyone's a believer again :rolleyes:

Including me :facepalm:

I dunno, a draw with France and a win against Sweden, both of which could have gone against us, and all of a sudden everyone's a believer again :rolleyes:

Including me :facepalm:

I wouldn't say I'm a believer, but it's good to know that for the mistakes we do make, we've a bit more tenacity about us.

I'd rather play Spain next game, they've played well but are vulnerable on the counter. The Italians still look the business in defence.

First things first though, obviously.

Is Shevchenko still a doubt or has he recovered?

No news as far as I can see. He'll start won't he? Even if he's half-fit I suspect.

Back
Top Bottom