Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England v Wales

Maybe Chesney can break the anthem deadlock with his own brand of unifying, joyful sing-along pop.

The sooner you lot realise that most football is actually very boring, the sooner we can get on with the real stuff of arguing about which country has the best food; what player you reckon you'd be most likely to be able to have in a fight; and that time you met that player who only got one cap for England in a bar on holiday, and how actually they're really sound.

I AM THE ONE AND ONLY!!
NO QUALMS WITH SLAVERY!!
I AM THE ONE AND ONLY!!
AT A FRACTION OF ROD STEWART’S FEE!!

The sooner you lot realise that most football is actually very boring, the sooner we can get on with the real stuff of arguing about which country has the best food; what player you reckon you'd be most likely to be able to have in a fight; and that time you met that player who only got one cap for England in a bar on holiday, and how actually they're really sound.
An ex Man Utd player used to sell me stationery. True story.

ETA I ran for a bus to get home for this :mad::D
I hadn't seen any till tonight. mrsb (who also hasn't seen any) bullied me into it.

"I'll make dinner and you can watch the football."
"I'm not really bothered"
"But you can watch it and I'll make you food!"
"Yeah, but I'm not bothered."
"You can let me be able to talk about it when I actually go into work tomorrow. And you can have a beer....."
"Sigh, if you insist"

Alan Shearer talking about Temporary Concussion substitutions. I'd agree with him if football wasn't full of cheats.
We'd end up with at least two happening every game with teams using it to get a free supersub and a bit of a rest for a tired player.

Alan Shearer talking about Temporary Concussion substitutions. I'd agree with him if football wasn't full of cheats.
We'd end up with at least two happening every game with teams using it to get a free supersub and a bit of a rest for a tired player.

I’d hoped the women’s game would have embarrassed them out of some of that nonsense.

The Welsh defence look pretty strong. But I suppose that's to be expected given they've been carrying Ramsey and Bale for two and a half games.

Exactly, we don't want football to start imitating those play acting rugby twats.

9C6B42AC-A3C9-45AA-B8CF-E9D2F1ECD968.jpeg

it's sometimes fun once it gets into the knockout stages. always dull in the group bit though

Back
Top Bottom