Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wales V Iran

The stats they just flashed up on the BBC coverage say that Iran was comprehensively better, in every single category.

Wtf was the goalkeeper doing running 20 yards to Kung fu kick a striker in the head. And then casually stroll away :D

As a neutral, it was a superb game even if the quality of the football was obvs not high standard given the teams involved. But that goalkeeper. It wasn't just a foul. It was the foul of the tournament, unlikely to be bettered.

Haven't actually watched a full match yet , haven't got into it as I have with previous World Cups. Didn't catch this one , glad I didn't tbf.

I can’t understand the red card. Keeper intentionally went for the ball and there was another welsh player in the vicinity.
my take, for what its worth, He made a legal attempt to compete for a 50/50 ball. he didnt make contact and the Iranian player ran into him. No intent at all. Another defender, so he wasn't last defender. Cant see why its a red.

Last edited:
my take, for what its worth, He made a legal attempt to compete for a 50/50 ball. he didnt male contact and the Iranian player ran into him. No intent at all. Another defender, so he wasn't last defender. Cant see why its a red.

Because he could have broken the guy's face? He thought he was Bruce Lee for a moment. Bonkers. How the ref didn't immediately send him off god knows. He must have been well behind the play.

Because he could have broken the guy's face? He thought he was Bruce Lee for a moment. Bonkers. How the ref didn't immediately send him off god knows. He must have been well behind the play.
he didnt aim at the player tho. he has to be allowed to compete for the ball.

Ok, on that basis how about the kick to keiffer Moore's head in first half?

Back
Top Bottom