Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

USA vs Wales

There's a bit in the Welsh anthem that is very similar to the "how wonderful life is" line from Your Song

I think Wales are through. They'll beat Iran to give them four points. England will beat USA and then a "sporting draw" against us to give them five points and second in the group

I think Wales are through. They'll beat Iran to give them four points. England will beat USA and then a "sporting draw" against us to give them five points and second in the group
Tbh - its good its only the top 2 going through.. wasn't it the last Euros when half the 3rd place teams went through to knockout.. Made for a tedious group stage.

USA will make a good showing of themselves against the Lions of England. I'm not sure what happened in the 2nd half today. I think Wales has been seriously underrated; even by their own fans...

Do these people going to the games in rainbow hats think that's more powerful than boycotting? Seems like an empty gesture when they're filling the grounds and creating the atmosphere. They are facilitating the sportswashing.

USA will make a good showing of themselves against the Lions of England. I'm not sure what happened in the 2nd half today. I think Wales has been seriously underrated; even by their own fans...
If England and USA play like they did today, then it'll be 4-0.

I disagree. I don't think USA will shutout England quite that badly... ;)
Hey, was there anything made in the states about Zac Steffen being left out of the squad? He was number one a while back but then again English football has not been kind to him.

Do these people going to the games in rainbow hats think that's more powerful than boycotting? Seems like an empty gesture when they're filling the grounds and creating the atmosphere. They are facilitating the sportswashing.
Strange place to pick holes, but afaict the two named people involved in this are a journalists and a Welsh football official, so the idea of them boycotting might be moot.

Back
Top Bottom