Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England v Wales

The national anthem thing makes absolutely no sense with these two. Neither country actually has a national anthem.

Seven nation army would be an awesome national anthem.

I do always wonder why it seems to be compulsory for anthems to be orchestral dirges. I mean, we're England. Home of some of the best music in history. Let's get some Stones or something on.

Qatar band were shit and too slow.
So the Welsh squad and fans just ignored them, left them behind and finished a few seconds before them. Annoying as hell that the band ruined it.
Wish hosts would just let teams make their own arrangements.

I do always wonder why it seems to be compulsory for anthems to be orchestral dirges. I mean, we're England. Home of some of the best music in history. Let's get some Stones or something on.
Its partly the fault of brass bands. Tell them that Barbie Girl by Aqua was the national anthem of Sweden and they'd play it as a dirge.

Billy Connolly famously suggested the national anthem be changed to the theme from the Archers.

He pointed out the dirge of God Save the Queen (King) when you need people getting fired up, plus objected to the bit about crushing rebellious Scots

Wasn't aware of that or that 21% of population of Wales was born in England. Only fair you have so many English born players then.

Well, you’re just going to make the whole thing look arbitrary and silly if you’re going to be like that.

Back
Top Bottom