Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England v Senegal

Went to Dortmund because they trust young players

It's quite a story. How all the English scouts missed him while presumably they were sunning themselves in South America. As Foden quite rightly said, he'll be the best midfielder in the world soon.

It's quite a story. How all the English scouts missed him while presumably they were sunning themselves in South America. As Foden quite rightly said, he'll be the best midfielder in the world soon.
They didn't miss him. He tore it up for Brum for one year then chose Dortmund ahead of English Prem clubs that were interested.

Made a good choice, no? Has been a regular at Dortmund for two years.

They didn't miss him! He turned down Man Utd and I bet every Premier League club knew his mum's name, shoe size, childhood pets etc before he signed for Dortmund

They didn't miss him! He turned down Man Utd and I bet every Premier League club knew his mum's name, shoe size, childhood pets etc before he signed for Dortmund

I think he turned down United after he had already been at Dortmund for a couple of years, no?

I've just read his CV. It's not as good as mine. I was smoking weed and working in a supermarket at 16.

Jude Victor William Bellingham (born 29 June 2003) is an English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund and the England national team.

Bellingham joined Birmingham City as an under-8, became the club's youngest ever first-team player when he made his senior debut in August 2019, at the age of 16 years, 38 days,[3] and played regularly during the 2019–20 season. He joined Borussia Dortmund in July 2020, and in his first competitive match became their youngest ever goalscorer.

He represented England at under-15, under-16, under-17 and under-21 levels. He made his first appearance for the senior team in November 2020, and represented the country at UEFA Euro 2020.

Loser.

Went to Dortmund because they trust (and play) young players
Exactly this. At a PL club, he wouldn't have played in the first team for two years, apart from in the League Cup.

Fair play to the bloke. Read the situation and made the right decision for him.

Luckily for England.

Fair dos. Damn you Twitter!
I clearly don't know how to use Twitter. This was the only rumour I saw, apart from one unlikely one saying he had punched another player in training.

Must be awful for the bloke. Other England players must be worried about their families too.

Gillette are still showing the advert with him in.

Blimey. England are very good. And the midfield and attack are really nicely balanced. And you've got Rashford and Grealish on the bench. And Bellingham! Hes like - Gazza crossed with Bryan Robson? Kane is playing really well - the way he plays in other players and leads the line is great - works really well. Defence looks vulnerable though - (although 3 clean sheet on the bounce.. )
If we weren't playing France id fancy England to get to the final.

VOICE OF DOOM: yeah, but France. :(
If you're gonna win it, you've got to beat the best teams. England, France, Brazil and Spain are the four best teams imo. May as well play one of them next.

England are contenders. I've thought that from the start, and I think it even more so now. France should be pissed off about having England in the quarters. I think this tournament will be won by one of the big guns, but that includes England.

If you're gonna win it, you've got to beat the best teams. England, France, Brazil and Spain are the four best teams imo. May as well play one of them next.

England are contenders. I've thought that from the start, and I think it even more so now. France should be pissed off about having England in the quarters. I think this tournament will be won by one of the big guns, but that includes England.

Not sure id put Spain in there. Holland looking strong though. But right now England and France and maybe Brazil look like best teams in the tournament.

Had a quick glance at l'Equipe with my schoolboy French seems many think it's too close to call, fancy their first XI more but think we probably have the stronger bench.

Back
Top Bottom