Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England v Germany - Tuesday 29/06 - 17:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
England didn't have to face the mighty Hungary at home, it's true.
Hungary are above both Scotland and Czech Republic in the rankings! (Yes, FIFA rankings are questionable, but at least suggests they're relatively similar prospects, other variables not withstanding)
:thumbs:

(A reminder that we played all three games at home, too, and are home again today)
There's a bit of a common thread here, though, which is a certain tendency always to talk down England results. 1-0 against Croatia and the Czechs were excellent results. And the Czechs have been a surprise package. They beat Scotland with a good performance and beating the Dutch was no fluke. They're better than many of us expected them to be. (As were Hungary tbf, and Austria - there has been a revival of old Central European footballing powers.)
Again, elsewhere I've suggested this is the best chance England have of beating Germany in a long time, and I said at the time that I didn't think the performance against Scotland was as bad as everyone else seemed to, when they were tearing England a new one saying there were basic problems.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, here we go...

Stuck in the fucking hospital waiting for Transport after my Dad's CT Scan, presumably because scheduling is shot to shit as everyone has refused to work so they can watch the football. Fuckers.

Result, been moved to patient lounge cos "it's going to be a while" ... there's a TV and just us. :thumbs:

Still fucking annoyed tho, we shoulda been home by 5

I don't get it. This team (going backwards). Southgate is too fearful to make any changes. Boring bland, beige (hope he goes after this).

Back
Top Bottom