Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England local election results thread

The term 'weirdo' is abuse and the way in which it was used here was abusive.

I am certainly not suggesting that we cannot joke about things - in fact, if anyone is applying a double-standard here in that regard, it is Butchersapron and yourself. Look back over the thread and note the number of times you have abused and insulted me and the number of 'jokes' and smiley faces that have been inserted.

But this is still a serious issue for you, isn't it?

My objection to your approach here isn't based on the fact it's abusive to other posters. I mean fuck, abusive is what Urban75 is known for a lot of the time; no-one here is a delicate wallflower. My objection to you is based on your chosen use of imagery - which is often associated with disability - in forming that abuse.

It's good that you are - at last - overcoming your reading and writing 'problems' and finding a place among normal people. I think the next step for you is to start learning and applying basic punctuation. Next time you contribute, add a full stop (or period, as it is sometimes called). That way, people won't assume you're still drooling over the keyboard with your mouth wide open, like you normally do. Good luck with it - and remember: never be ashamed to ask one of the grown-ups for help.

My objection to your approach here isn't based on the fact it's abusive to other posters. I mean fuck, abusive is what Urban75 is known for a lot of the time; no-one here is a delicate wallflower. My objection to you based on the use of imagery associated with disability as the form of abuse you chose.
Fine, you can object. But in that case, could we have an explanation from Butchersapron for his 'weirdo' comment, please? Or, if he chooses to remain silent on the point (as he has done so far) then I will assume he thinks it's acceptable to go round calling people weirdoes and that, whereas my comment was a joke in poor taste, he uses these matters to attack others, and is in fact, a rank hypocrite.

Would it? Thanks for the tip. It's always good to know that you are spending time thinking about me and coming up with these suggestions. It shows initiative.
I'm encouraging you to carry on with your thinly veiled disability "flippancy", Brewer.

What did you do for your birthday yesterday Collin? Did you get a lot of cards through the post or just the usual hate mail?

I'm encouraging you to carry on with your thinly veiled disability "flippancy", Brewer.
And why would you want to encourage me to do that? And who is this 'Brewer' you keep referring to? It sounds similar to 'brewery' - are you on the drink?

No, he's not my friend. I hate him.
I didn't say he was your friend. I suggested he might be your imaginary friend.

You do seem to have an obsession with him, to the extent that you - and others - are now suggesting that I might be him. I would say that's a danger sign. See a doctor.

Nobody's bullying you into holding views, just castigating you for already defending something pretty horrible.
Not bullying me, really? And you and the other committee members decided this on your own, did you?

You obviously haven't actually bothered to read what I have said here anyway. I have never defended what he said. In fact, I have said quite pointedly that I do not defend it - and I have said this a number of times, but to no avail since you still think otherwise. There is a difference between approving of, or defending, what someone has said, and disapproving or questioning critically the reaction to what they have said.

And why would you want to encourage me to do that? And who is this 'Brewer' you keep referring to? It sounds similar to 'brewery' - are you on the drink?

Independent county councillor Collin Brewer, 68, sparked fury when he told a charity worker: “Disabled children cost the council too much money and should be put down.”

Mr Brewer was recently ordered to apologise in writing after the independent Standards Committee upheld a complaint.

He made the remark at a Disability Cornwall stand at an event in Truro for groups who help special needs families.

Admitting the comment was “bloody stupid”, he said: “It was something I said but something I would not advocate.”

Model Katie Price, who has a disabled son, said last night: “Many disabled contribute more to society than Mr Brewer – ask our Paralympians.”

The Wadebridge East councillor, made the remarks in October, 2011, to “provoke debate”.

Mr Brewer initially refused to resign, saying his comments were "a flippant remark".

But he has since reconsidered his position.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/collin-brewer-councillor-who-said-1734808

Ok, she got upset. Fine, that's understandable. But is the hounding of the man in the national media justified? Is all this emotional energy you have spent on this justified? Do you really know what is in his heart and what he really thinks about these issues? Do you know anything of his record?
Given what he said? too right he deserves to be hounded, I think given the comment we can have a good idea of what is "in his heart"

Back
Top Bottom