Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England local election results thread

Doncaster mayor election undergoing recount of first preference votes - close between incumbent Davies (Independant) and Labour. About 300 votes in it, reportedly leaning labour.

Quite a lot of postal voting involved, so expect Davies to whine like a stuck pig if he loses it.

Derbyshire
Labour gain from no overall control (NOC)
Lab 43 (+20); C 18 (-13); LD 3 (-4); Ind 0 (-2); UKIP 0 (-1)
Lancashire
Conservatives lose to NOC
Lab 39 (+22); C 35 (-16); LD 6 (-3); Ind 3 (nc); Green 1 (-1); BNP 0 (-1); Idle Toad 0 (-1)

East Sussex
C 20 (-9); LD 10 (-3); Lab 7 (+3); UKIP 7 (+7); Ind 5 (+2)
Norfolk
C 40 (-20); UKIP 15 (+14); Lab 14 (+9); LD 10 (+1); Green 4 (-2); Ind 1 (-2)

BBC just explained discrepancy between LD's 11% fall only resulting in loss of 62 seats, (so far), as opposed to the tories loss of 175 seats on basis of smaller fall in popular vote, (9%). Answer = in 80% of LD held seats its the tories ij second place; hence little flak to defend.

Based on the YouGov defence list a GE fall of 11% would leave the LDs with just 29 seats.

BBC just explained discrepancy between LD's 11% fall only resulting in loss of 62 seats, (so far), as opposed to the tories loss of 175 seats on basis of smaller fall in popular vote, (9%). Answer = in 80% of LD held seats its the tories ij second place; hence little flak to defend.

Based on the YouGov defence list a GE fall of 11% would leave the LDs with just 29 seats.
And remember this is the seats they do better, not best, in - their second tier of seats.

Nothings changed where I am, I still live in a little pocket of green party surrounded by swathes of tories and a spattering of lib dems

2.20pm BST
On the BBC Michael Gove has just hinted that David Cameron will formally withdraw his "fruitcakes, lunatics and closet racists" remark about Ukip when he speaks to the media this afternoon.

:DLOL

looks like we're back to no overall control here, libs ahead of tories, but a lot of independents who tend to vote tory. so far, 4 seats each for ukip, labour and mk. main thing i'm interested in now is whether any of the freinds of mine standing for mk get in.

not that i'm admitting this is england or anyhting

Are UKIP actually going to get to 100? They certainly dont look likely to explode well past that target, but I've done no analysis of the specifics of the areas still to declare in full.

Derbyshire
Labour gain from no overall control (NOC)
Lab 43 (+20); C 18 (-13); LD 3 (-4); Ind 0 (-2); UKIP 0 (-1)
Lancashire
Lab 39 (+22); C 35 (-16); LD 6 (-3); Ind 3 (nc); Green 1 (-1); BNP 0 (-1); Idle Toad 0 (-1)

East Sussex
C 20 (-9); LD 10 (-3); Lab 7 (+3); UKIP 7 (+7); Ind 5 (+2)
Norfolk
C 40 (-20); UKIP 15 (+14); Lab 14 (+9); LD 10 (+1); Green 4 (-2); Ind 1 (-2)

Pretty sure Derbyshire was the council mentioned on TV last night that unless Labour Took that council then they hadn't really anything to crow about.....

Pretty sure Derbyshire was the council mentioned on TV last night that unless Labour Took that council then they hadn't really anything to crow about.....
Yeah, Derbyshire's been Labour for 40 years until four years ago

the New Statesman was saying they need Derbyshire,Notts, Staffs and Lancs to have a godd night. They got Derby, have narrowly missed Lancs, so still touch and go for them - especially as Derby was the easiest of the four to win

Are UKIP actually going to get to 100? They certainly dont look likely to explode well past that target, but I've done no analysis of the specifics of the areas still to declare in full.
Going to on thereabouts, 6 to declare 4 from each and they will have it

Not a good day for TUSC or any of the left alternative parties I am sad to say, double digit votes in many places. The eternal wait for a left organisation that actually strikes a chime with significant swathes of the working class continues... :(

BBC projected national share (locals):-

Lab 29%
Con 25% (worst ever)
UKIP 23%
LD 14% (worst ever)

e2a : correction; tory result would have been worst since 1982, not ever.

BBC projected national share (locals):-

Lab 29%
Con 25% (worst ever)
UKIP 23%
LD 14% (worst ever)

Again, the predicitons for the Tories worst ever results are in areas they haven't struggled in previously. It's amongst their 'safest' areas....?

Final Bristol result (one third of the council up for election, 23 seats altogether):
L 9 (+6)
C 6 (nc)
LD 5 (-9)
G 2 (+2)
Ind 1 (+1)

Council stays NOC but now Labour are the biggest party:
L 28 (+6); LD 23 (-9); C 14 (nc); G 4 (+2); Ind 1 (+1)

The last to declare will probably be big rural areas where physically collecting in all the votes takes longer. More likely to be tory areas, with reactionary country folk maybe leaning UKIP because of hunting ban etc.

I'm kind of enjoying the tory disarray, not that it really counts for anything at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom