Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Election Window Posters: How's your neighbourhood?

I have yet to see anyone in the entire city express any enthusiasm for any of the candidates for London Mayor. I do not expect to, either.

I clearly moved to a Tory safe seat area. Only two candidates in the local election. The Tory and a ‘labour & co-operative’ candidate who doesn’t live anywhere near. 🤦‍♂️

Guess I’ll be spoiling my paper.

Only received two lots of blurb from the Labour & Co-operative candidate. No idea who else is even standing for the Borough Council position.

We’ve only got police commissioner elections here so no one gives a fuck. Ms A318 was delivering the leaflets come window posters at the weekend and even we haven’t got one up...

Can't say I've noticed any posters yet, but I usually see some Labour ones when theres an election. Never see any Tory ones though.

Last edited:
No posters at all but had some literature through the door. My area of Devon is always tory, and the lib dems are the only real challengers

One of the candidates "has been in farming my whole life" which presumably means they inherited hundreds of acres of land.

The other grew up in care and is a single mum.

I'll leave you to guess which one is the tory and is likely to be elected.

As per my other two posts in this thread, the land belongs to the Tories, the housing occupancy to Plaid Cymru. PC will win. Labour usually come a way back second. Haven't seen a single Labour poster anywhere yet this time.

My Labour candidate harassed a woman I know to the extent she had to contact the police to have a word, and he was also banned from a dance class for groping women. :rolleyes:

But of course he's never actually been charged with anything so he's a lovely bloke. Everyone says so :thumbs:

Sorry - the point of this is he's the only person I've seen being advertised (although leaflet through the door - not seen any window posters yet)

Last edited:
Had Green, Labour (although the dog got that one) and - bizarrely - Tory leaflets through the door.

Tory one the most interesting. Campaigning for better funded libraries, youth centres etc. whilst attacking travellers.

big Green poster on our road, nothing else ( nothing in my yard : #CampaignStrike ), fairly impressive Lib Dem leaflet through the door, no others ( Ilfracombe / N Devon)

Nothing at all round here, only the tories bothered to drop a leaflet so far. This of course will be our first locals elections in two years and under the new unitary councils arrangement. It was necessary to do this because a combination of cuts and 'being bang at it' had bankrupted the previous set of crooks, freemasons, cousin fanciers etc. Cock and Balls forever.

Had a Labour leaflet through the door advertising Brabin for West Yorkshire mayor. That is it in terms of leaflets or window posters

Had both Labour and Tories knocking on my door this week - it's usually a Tory/Labour marginal ward, although currently held by one Labour and one Lib Dem councillor, after the tory defected to the Lib Dems, so who knows how much of his personal vote he'll retain?

I googled the Tory candidate afterwards as she seemed to be a bit weird, and her Instagram account is full of Boris admiration and how sexy she finds him. Where do they find these freaks?

The only posters we've got round by us are Libs - they're the only one that stands even the remotest chance of unseating the sitting Tory . . . so the best I can hope for is Tory lite

Not a single fucking one. If an alien landed from Mars he or she wouldn't know there was an election on.

Well it turns out that there are 4 candidates for the county council seat and the Derbyshire PCC post - Tory, Labour and Co-operative, LibDem and UKIP/ Reform but apart from the Labour candidates no one else has put up any election literature.

Not seen a single poster for anyone in my bit of south London. There's usually a smattering of Labour and Green posters but nowt this year.

Green/Labour stake boards multiplying all down Ashley Hill in Bristol. Bishopston & Ashley Down is a battleground ward full of Bristol's most annoying m/c bohemians so not really surprising tbh.

Marvin Rees has been dominating the Lawrence Hill roundabout for weeks. Tonight I see he has been replaced by Sir Starmalot himself imploring us to use all our votes in the four elections for Labour. I felt quite threatened tbh.

Green billboards and fly posters everywhere in central Bristol wards as well. The more suburban you go the fewer signs of an election there are

Absolutely massive fluoro orange lib Debs winning here placard down the road outside someone’s house, apart from that nothing at all.

Still very quiet here. And it’s a Scottish general election, so it’s strangely subdued. Plenty of leaflets. (Well, lying in the close where our mail gets left, so it doesn’t seem as if anyone is reading any of it).

I haven't seen any window posters round here. Just one garden placard outside Labour activist's house.

Back
Top Bottom