Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ecuador would like Julian Assange out of their embassy by the sounds of it.

The US has promised no supermax, nor even solitary confinement, unless he plays up. Plus they claim he can serve any sentence in Australia. When it's as high profile as this they'll stick closely-ish to their word. For the lols they should find him guilty but declare it a misdemeanour worthy of a small fine only.

The US has promised no supermax, nor even solitary confinement, unless he plays up. Plus they claim he can serve any sentence in Australia. When it's as high profile as this they'll stick closely-ish to their word. For the lols they should find him guilty but declare it a misdemeanour worthy of a small fine only.
let's not forget that australia has a number of minor islands

Fucking hell, anyone got some microscopic violins handy? Julian Assange supporters ordered to forfeit £93,500 bail money

Professor David is a pensioner and the sum of £20,000 comprises a substantial portion of her savings jointly with her husband," he ruled.

"Sarah Saunders has also provided details of her financial position and I am satisfied that she is of comparatively limited means. Mr Vaughan Smith tells me that if he forfeits the £20,000 surety it will have a significant impact on the welfare of his family and his employees."

Smith said he was disappointed at the ruling and felt the sureties were being punished despite providing "a public service" in ensuring Assange met his bail conditions for 18 months until he entered the Ecuadorean embassy. 😂

"We feel we've done our bit, but the ball has moved into another court now," he said. "We feel there are many in this country who are sympathetic."

He said he would have to borrow the money. "I rely on an income from a farm and from my journalism and I don't have £12,000 sitting in the bank," he said.

It is understood that a separate group of Assange supporters, thought to include the film-maker Ken Loach, the writer and campaigner Jemima Khan, the journalist John Pilger and the magazine publisher Felix Dennis have already forfeited bail cash worth £200,000 following a court order earlier this year. 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️ £££$$$€€€

Someone should tell the fuckwits that providing sureties for bail is exactly like gambling, don't do it unless you can afford to lose the money.

As far as I'm concerned this piece of shit totally forfeited any claim to sympathy back in 2011 when Wikileaks published it's full cache of documents unredacted

The newly published archive contains more than 1,000 cables identifying individual activists; several thousand labelled with a tag used by the US to mark sources it believes could be placed in danger; and more than 150 specifically mentioning whistleblowers. The cables also contain references to people persecuted by their governments, victims of sex offences, and locations of sensitive government installations and infrastructure. WikiLeaks has published its full archive in an easily accessible and searchable manner, the first time the content has been made widely available to those without sophisticated technical skills.

IMO this was an act of industrial scale grassing. However thinking about it today I suppose I'm not completely indifferent about what happens to him.

For example I wouldn't be in favour of them opening the plane door halfway across the Atlantic and throwing him out. The ruling class has already tossed far too much rubbish into the oceans. And there's always the risk the fucker might injure a lovely seagull on the way down.

He's a journalist now is he. ROFL

Piers Morgan and Kelvin MacKenzie have a better claim to be journalists than Julian Assange does.

There was a report released yesterday about State's imprisoning and killing actual journalists.

It’s been an especially bleak year for defenders of press freedom. CPJ’s 2021 prison census found that the number of reporters jailed for their work hit a new global record of 293, up from a revised total of 280 in 2020. At least 24 journalists were killed because of their coverage so far this year; 18 others died in circumstances too murky to determine whether they were specific targets.

The Reuters story about it was picked up the Guardian but oddly I don't seem to see a thread about it here.

for me its nothing to do with sympathy, or about him as a person, its about state power and thats it.

I don't like States, the bourgeois justice system or their exercise of power. However when one fucking cunt is being dealt with by other fucking cunts I really don't feel like picking sides. Obviously Julian Assange isn't the same kind of fucking cunt as say Wayne Couzens. He's only an alleged rapist and we don't know that anyone died as a result of his act of what I regard as industrial scale grassing. Nonetheless as far as I'm concerned fuck him.

Yeah, I find it hard to really feel anything (other than schadenfreude) for assange. Far greater injustices take place all the time.

Assange released cables revealing what everyone suspected anyway. Did anything actually change as a result?
His ordeal is a terrible price to pay for doing such heroic work as a solo pilot for solo kudos but he knew that surely when taking on Goliath as David.

It won't just be Assange that is punished though, it'll be anyone who exposes the abuses of the ruling class, not a good trend to set at all. And there's a difference between suspecting war crimes and having solid proof of them - they shouldn't be allowed to get away with that, or silencing and punishing those who expose them.

It won't just be Assange that is punished though, it'll be anyone who exposes the abuses of the ruling class, not a good trend to set at all. And there's a difference between suspecting war crimes and having solid proof of them - they shouldn't be allowed to get away with that, or silencing and punishing those who expose them.
I'd love to see you address the issue of his involvement with farage and trump

Well yes, but there’s what should happen and then there’s what’s reasonable to expect will happen.

Back
Top Bottom