Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ecuador would like Julian Assange out of their embassy by the sounds of it.

It doesn't sound great but if you skip bail you fall into the 'cannot be trusted at all' category in the eye of the law. Is he being treated differently then any other prisoner in this regard?

Though the court does sound covid compliant so he should be thankful for that. :thumbs:

A lot of that sounds like bollocks to me. Remember, these are Assange supporters you're reading here.
I would tend to agree, why would they strip him naked and x-ray him every morning, makes no sense.

It sounds like SOP from the wonderful people who brought us Abu Ghraib and the Hooded Men to me. Maybe JA's fanclub are talking out of their collective hole - but I wouldn't dismiss these claims out of hand on that basis alone.

It sounds like SOP from the wonderful people who brought us Abu Ghraib and the Hooded Men to me. Maybe JA's fanclub are talking out of their collective hole - but I wouldn't dismiss these claims out of hand on that basis alone.

He's not in a military prison or some sort of internment camp. He's in the general prison population, no?

If his lawyers were saying it, I would be more inclined to take notice, but a random tweet...

If he's going from Belamarsh I can believe it, its not massively unusual to get a strip search on the way out to court from this category of prison. The x-rays is a new one on me but then things have moved on since ye olden days of the 00's

"our children need their father back" sounds just a little bit culty to me.

Not sure about your source here, Idris

It's the woman he knocked up twice when holed up in the embassy. I'm not one to criticise the path of true love, but who in the right mind would have not just one, but two kids with Assange in his shit-stained hideout?

She was his lawyer.

It's that old story - alleged sex pest skips bail, hides in the stationary cupboard of the Equadorian embassy for 5 years (or whatever), gets a lawyer, they fall in love, they do the nasty thing while his socks dry on the ring binders...

I bet the family photo album is a bit shit.

OK, I was unaware of the backstory here.

If she really is his lawyer and the mother of his two kids, conceived while he was a guest of the Ecuadorian embassy, then I withdraw my comment about the reliability of Idris2002's sources.

But it sounds like an even more freaky situation than I imagined. Poor woman.

Back
Top Bottom