Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ecuador would like Julian Assange out of their embassy by the sounds of it.

Chomsky has an opinion too.

I find this board a little odd in some ways. Chomsky clearly agrees with my position of this subject but members of a dominantly left wing forum try to troll the fuck out of me.
It's true I'm no real fan of Assange as a person, but I don't believe he committed rape, nor does he seem to have committed any other crime except expose the crimes of others.

...but I don't believe he committed rape, nor does he seem to have committed any other crime except expose the crimes of others.
This is why people have little time for you. Right there you're saying that his rape victim is a liar.

As far as other crimes are concerned, he very likely has committed some. The fact that you don't think that they should be crimes is neither here nor there. Many people disagree with you. Chomsky's opinion is just that. He's not a god.

I find this board a little odd in some ways. Chomsky clearly agrees with my position of this subject but members of a dominantly left wing forum try to troll the fuck out of me.
It's true I'm no real fan of Assange as a person, but I don't believe he committed rape, nor does he seem to have committed any other crime except expose the crimes of others.
This place hasn't been representative of the left for a long time.

'Julian wants to go to a crayfish party, anyone have a couple of available seats tonight or tomorrow? #fb'

JA 1.png

Early on the morning of Sunday 15 August (02:00) she writes again at Twitter.

ja 2.png

Sitting outdoors at 02:00 and hardly freezing with the world's coolest smartest people, it's amazing! #fb'

The above is the night he raped her - or maybe not.
Now, not being a woman and never having been raped, I can't really comment on the likely feelings she'd be experiencing, but sitting outside shouting his praises seems unlikely. Then she cried rape and deleted the evidence.

Here are the deleted tweets - with timeline.
After sex she was sitting with a great man - 5 days later, a rapist and the tweets were deleted.

Assange Case: Evidence Destroyed Over and Over Again | Radsoft News

Timeline - mydropintheocean
So, he should have gone to Sweden to challenge the charges. If the evidence is so poor, he clears his name.

But if you can’t imagine why a genuine victim might behave in the way you describe, then you haven’t much clue about the nature of sexual power differentials and sexual violence.

Most of us would probably rather form opinions based on evidence presented at his trial. Not on stuff posted on the internet by conspiracy theorists.

If there is a trial, I'm sure her praise of the man will be included in the defence's evidence - very likely including the above tweets.
Perhaps you'd care to comment on the tweets, and why the "victim" would have posted them immediately after being raped by the man she was talking about.

If there is a trial, I'm sure her praise of the man will be included in the defence's evidence - very likely including the above tweets.
Perhaps you'd care to comment on the tweets, and why the "victim" would have posted them immediately after being raped by the man she was talking about.
There are any number of reasons she may have posted those. Many rape victims don't realise they've been raped until well after the event. You're going to dig yourself a big hole here.

So, he should have gone to Sweden to challenge the charges. If the evidence is so poor, he clears his name..

When he knew the American government were after him - Would you?

But if you can’t imagine why a genuine victim might behave in the way you describe, then you haven’t much clue about the nature of sexual power differentials and sexual violence.

I'm happy to say I have no clue as I've never committed that terrible crime, nor have I met any victims I'm aware of. I would imagine it's a very distressing time, and not something a victim would be so happy about in public.

There are any number of reasons she may have posted those. Many rape victims don't realise they've been raped until well after the event. You're going to dig yourself a big hole here.

He statement is clear - she says she knew it was rape.
Have a read and you'll see, so that takes us back to why did she post these tweets?

When he knew the American government were after him - Would you?
He originally went to Sweden because he thought their extradition practise was more favourable to him.

You need to separate out the two things here. The usefulness of the Wikileaks revelations is something that does not have any bearing on his guilt or innocence of rape. It is neither evidence for or against the sexual offence charges.

I'm happy to say I have no clue as I've never committed that terrible crime, nor have I met any victims I'm aware of. I would imagine it's a very distressing time, and not something a victim would be so happy about in public.
That is quite the most crass and clueless remark about rape victims I have ever seen on these boards.

Don Troooomp what happens now is that instead of addressing your queries, you'll be tarred as supporting rape and have shit thrown at you by the same handful of posters that have been doing this for a decade to shut down any opposition and/or discussion.

Back
Top Bottom