Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Easter, Jesus....

Yes, I do. We spend too much time trying to make money etc. Making music is a higher human activity, imo.
But there's making music because you can and you enjoy it, and then there's making music as a performance. Not the same thing.

I wasn't being specific. I was talking about the act of making music.
Perhaps you should have been a bit more specific, then.

BTW if you heard somebody who couldn't sing in tune to save their life happily singing along with something on television, would that be included in your definition of making music as a higher human activity?

Why? It's just an observation: making music is a nice thing.<snip>
I'd agree with you up to that point. The question is - does it matter if it's only nice for the person/people making it, or only nice for the audience?

I've bolded the key word.
So far, so clear - but what if that one person singing happily and excruciatingly out of tune makes others in the same room miserable?

Or what if it causes others in the room to be unable stop themselves laughing at the out of tune singer because it really is that ridiculously out of tune (thus making the singer miserable)?

So far, so clear - but what if that one person singing happily and excruciatingly out of tune makes others in the same room miserable?

Or what if it causes others in the room to be unable stop themselves laughing at the out of tune singer because it really is that ridiculously out of tune (thus making the singer miserable)?

These higher ethical questions are starting to make my head hurt.

Back
Top Bottom