Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Was jesus born on the 25 december

was the last supper at the local cafe or did jesus have a bit more money and get a chikie

Could you say something reportably offensive or racist, Olle? At the moment you're only being irritatingly stupid and no-one can ban you for that.

maurice did your mum dress you this morning

That's probably not going to be enough, even with the lack of punctuation to compound any felony. Do you have any opinions about traveller communities? About rootless cosmopolitan financiers? Mohammedans? Working-class people in sportswear? Any prejudices in that direction would be helpful.

That's probably not going to be enough, even with the lack of punctuation to compound any felony. Do you have any opinions about traveller communities? About rootless cosmopolitan financiers? Mohammedans? Working-class people in sportswear? Any prejudices in that direction would be helpful.
no i go out in the daytime

According to something I read a few years ago - and I can't remember its identity - December 25th was the date of a pagan festival, celebrated all over Europe, apparently commemorating the birthday of some long-forgotten king or pagan god. When the Christians were trying to take over, they found they couldn't stop local people practicing their annual festival, so they decided that December 25th should be celebrated as the supposed birth date of Jesus. Easter is also a pagan festival that the Christians half took over but, like with Christmas, had to find a compromise. Nor were these festivals the reserve of pagans - it's no accident that the Jewish Passover and Hannachuh festivals coincide roughly with Easter and Christmas. Christmas and Hannachuh both originated as winter festivals of lights.

According to something I read a few years ago - and I can't remember its identity - December 25th was the date of a pagan festival, celebrated all over Europe, apparently commemorating the birthday of some long-forgotten king or pagan god. When the Christians were trying to take over, they found they couldn't stop local people practicing their annual festival, so they decided that December 25th should be celebrated as the supposed birth date of Jesus. Easter is also a pagan festival that the Christians half took over but, like with Christmas, had to find a compromise. Nor were these festivals the reserve of pagans - it's no accident that the Jewish Passover and Hannachuh festivals coincide roughly with Easter and Christmas. Christmas and Hannachuh both originated as winter festivals of lights.
will done DD ive got that but when was jesus born

Exactly - that's why they were able to choose an arbitrary date. I know December 25th isn't between March and September, but those Christians were obviously more interested in taking over Europe than historical accuracy. If they were even aware of it themselves.

why is it we know so much about him [books] but no records of his birth date

Or death date. It is odd that Pontius Pilate, whose reports back to Rome are, at least partially, preserved, makes no mention of having crucified a man called Jesus, claiming to be the King of the Jews.

I'm presuming Rome were interested largely in the tax returns and expenses forms rather than 'crushed another hippy to stop the sanhedrin moaning at me LOL.'

Back
Top Bottom