Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DUP and Tory f*ck up thread

Some would say that there are many over there who have never really moved out of the 18th century.

These days, ironically, I think the Republic of Ireland has a lot more in common with England than Northern Ireland does.

Might not have been the case 50 years ago when RoI was almost a Catholic theocracy; but whereas both the UK and Ireland have changed since then and moved in broadly a similar direction, the NI protestants have stuck rigidly to the social attitudes of 100 years ago, which is now a million miles away from mainstream British attitudes - which actually makes them more foreign to the UK than Ireland is.

I guess when your party's made a nonsense of its whole raison d'être, pretending it's all about the fossil record is the place you've got left to go.

Anyone else think he looks like Seamus Heaney after a diet?

I thought for a moment there they might be resigning because he's a fundamentalist christian wacko. Doesn't look like :)

O RLY!? :hmm: fuck off Paisley, and sir Van

DUP MP Ian Paisley has defended joining Sir Van Morrison in chanting that Northern Ireland's Health Minister Robin Swann "is very dangerous" at a cancelled concert in Belfast.
It came after four gigs by Sir Van at the Europa Hotel were cancelled at the last moment on Thursday.
Sir Van has been an outspoken critic of Covid-19 restrictions.

Mr Paisley said: "What was parody, comedy, banter and sarcasm should not be blown out of all proportion."
Sir Van took to the stage and addressed about 140 people who were at the dinner event after the gig was cancelled.

The singer referred to previous comments made by Mr Swann in Rolling Stone magazine, in which he described the singer as dangerous.
"Last night's event was very sad for the live music industry. I was put on the spot and called to the stage," the North Antrim MP said in a statement.
"I certainly don't believe Robin is dangerous. I think the parody and sarcasm of that comment is obvious.

"There is a balance in all of these matters and at times we get them right and at times wrong. We are all entitled to our own views on how the lockdown has been managed."

Back
Top Bottom