Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DUP and Tory f*ck up thread

This looks likely to be the start of it all coming unglued.

Theresa May's DUP deal to blame for new power-sharing crisis, Sinn Fein says

Sinn Fein has blamed Theresa May’s deal with the Democratic Unionist Party for the failure to restore power-sharing in Northern Ireland, as another crisis looms.

The DUP has been “emboldened” by propping up the Conservatives at Westminster, the Republican party claimed – making it less likely to compromise at Stormont.

The claim came as Sinn Fein confirmed the talks were failing. “We don’t think its likely there will be a deal in the short term,” said spokesman Conor Murphy....

Come On Arlene and Close Personal Chum, the community activist Dee Stitt to her immediate right, on the occasion of giving North Down UDA Charter NI £1.7m :cool:

184110837-033a99ee-f7f4-41ae-b005-effcebfe7727.jpg

(Heard about this from cruising YouTube recently - covered in an episode of BBCNI's Spotlight from October; already been wiped from YT on copyright grounds.)
The Charter NI clusterfuck still causing ripples for the DUP:

Exclusive: DUP's Newton all smiles with UDA terror chief Birch - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Potentially interesting new position to be taken by a new leader in relation to the NI Protocol which is set to be enforced later in the year ??

She should have backed May’s ‘deal’.
If I remember rightly she used to vaguely go on about trusted trader stuff, technology at the border, declarations and so on as her get out clause in blocking May’s deal, but actually went all cakeist with fantasist hundreds and thousands sprinkled on top.
BTW has anybody heard any latest news about a technological EU/UK land border in Ireland?
Used to be all the rage.

Trouble is, they will probably end up with a more hard-line leader. :(

I was worried about this too when I heard that Arlene abstaining in a vote to ban gay conversion therapy was the main driver for the resignation calls.

However, it turns out that all they are actually calling for is a "return to the...Christian values of our party".

I find the prospect of this new, other-cheek-turning, sinner-loving, peacemaker-blessing approach a breath of fresh air - well done, DUP!

Attachments

• 1619739833662.png
    1619739833662.png
    315.9 KB · Views: 18
I was worried about this too when I heard that Arlene abstaining in a vote to ban gay conversion therapy was the main driver for the resignation calls.

However, it turns out that all they are actually calling for is a "return to the...Christian values of our party".

I find the prospect of this new, other-cheek-turning, sinner-loving, peacemaker-blessing approach a breath of fresh air - well done, DUP!

Taking NI back to the 18th Century

Do you have to read that in your bestest Rev Ian Paisley accent?

Back
Top Bottom