Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drink sewage

I like how low levels of water reclamation is our fault - rather the water companies who could have built these plants, or governments who could have mandated "dirty" water reuse (shower/bath water for flushing toilets etc) in new and refitted homes.

I like how low levels of water reclamation is our fault - rather the water companies who could have built these plants, or governments who could have mandated "dirty" water reuse (shower/bath water for flushing toilets etc) in new and refitted homes.
It is our fault for not suspending a politician from every lamppost in Westminster pour encourager les autres

Last edited:
876d940cb2feaba4822c3717cd8d2501e4-05-pisner-urine-beer.rsquare.w700.jpg

:hmm:

Me too but apparently 70% reservoirs 30% groundwater.

Severn trent say the sewage water is cleaned then put back into the river (which although they don't say it i assume flows back into the resovoir). I was certainly under the impression that water was "recycled" before which i'd heard somewhere.

The Hampshire Avon has sewage works that discharge treated sewage at least at Salisbury and Ringwood, with the drinking water abstraction point between Ringwood and Bournemouth

what do green/red signify?
I found another similar map which explains.

Every dot is a sewage monitoring/pump/whatever station
Green: No sewage dumped in the past 48 hours
Red: Recent sewage dump. Don't swim/surf/gargle the water
Also, greys up in Scotland mean that the monitoring station is under maintenance so there is no data

the water companies are better at sealing the border than the Tories, who ironically remain full of shit and spent condoms

Back
Top Bottom