Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The tax on sugary drinks!?

I was at a party Saturday/Sunday and that was the last time I drank water. About half a small bottle throughout the night

Two words

Fever Tree

Mrs Voltz's favourite tonic is becoming increasingly difficult to buy in the preferred 8 x 150ml tins as a result of this farce

Christ - it's a black day for Fever Tree tonic drinkers - luckily, I'm not, but Mrs Voltz is and she's going to have a face like a slapped arse when she finds out about this

I've just tried to buy "some" tins of "full fat" Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic (8 x 150ml multi packs) and NONE of the supermarkets offer this at all - only offering, instead, the "Light" version

'Tis a black day indeed - the sugar Nazi's seem to be winning

Luckily my 24 cans of Irn Bru arrived this mornig - 34g of sugar PER MUTHA FUCKING TIN

Have you tried one yet? I bought a can the other day and it was rank. I believe the Scots were stockpiling it a few months ago due to the sugar being reduced in it.

There's a time when ONLY an ice cold tin of Irn Bru will do - the 24-pack I've bought will almost certainly see me "good" or a YEAR or two (probably two to be honest)

Have you tried one yet? I bought a can the other day and it was rank. I believe the Scots were stockpiling it a few months ago due to the sugar being reduced in it.
Oh, it's fucking awful. It tastes exactly like their low-cal one (Xtra?), so why bother with the half-sugar, half-sweetener one if all it tastes of is sweetener?

Where can I get some of this contraband Bru?

Oh, it's fucking awful. It tastes exactly like their low-cal one (Xtra?), so why bother with the half-sugar, half-sweetener one if all it tastes of is sweetener?

Where can I get some of this contraband Bru?

It's still available through e-bay

Just opened my package and it is . . . indeed

34g of sugar PER TIN - that's 38% of an adult's recommended daily sugar intake IN ONE DRINK

Reactions: Chz
Is coke the only soft drink that's still all sugar?

I noticed with dismay that Ting has gone down the sweetener route, I need sugar when I have a hangover damnit

Is coke the only soft drink that's still all sugar?

I noticed with dismay that Ting has gone down the sweetener route, I need sugar when I have a hangover damnit
Yep. But it's practically double in price. I paid £1.80 for a 330ml bottle, but hungover so yeah.

My Bru worked out at £1 / can - which I can live with given that I don't drink it a lot or regularly

The other thing that's pissing me off is that Coke IN GLASS BOTTLES appears to only be available in 250ml bottles now not the original 330ml

Given that you're already being royally spanked when you buy coke in glass bottles and now the supermarkets are no longer stocking them - Why I feel we should take to the streets and burn things - BIG THINGS

So apart from making soft drinks more expensive and/or taste worse, how and when are we supposed to tell that this latest regressive tax is actually doing anything to combat obesity or whatever excuse it was?

So apart from making soft drinks more expensive and/or taste worse, how and when are we supposed to tell that this latest regressive tax is actually doing anything to combat obesity or whatever excuse it was?
From what I see in supermarkets, what's happening now is instead of people buying a 1.5l bottle of coke, they're buying 25 cans on special offer, because something... Oops!

Mrs Voltz's Fever Tree of choice IS available on the net BUT at a massively inflated price

Before "sugar tax" 8 x 150ml Tins were "about £4.50 odd

NOW near as dammit £10.00

I'm just going to have to start buying 1kg bags of sugar, carry one with me at all times and chuck a spoonful or two to taste into every "low/no sugar" drink I buy.

That'll cost me all of 1p extra per beverage. Ha! Fuck you exchequer.

I am also having to endure someone playing the Star Wars theme on an old wooden flute, badly - so there is a price to pa! :oops:

Hmmm!

Not good from Fever Tree

Dear High Voltage

Thank you for your email and for taking the time to contact Fever Tree.

In light of the recently implemented sugar tax, supermarkets have made the decision to make some changes to the products that they will stock. Our signature Indian Tonic Water, Mediterranean, Aromatic and Elderflower Tonic Waters will be available in both Refreshingly Light and full sugar in 500ml bottles in most supermarkets. Everything else will move to the Refreshingly Light versions.

We are always looking at ways to reduce sugar in our products without using artificial sweeteners. As a result we are proud to have recently launched our Refreshingly Light range all of which have been made with fruit sugar and are naturally low in calories. We will continue to look at ways to reduce our sugar content without compromising on the flavour of which we are so proud.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to us and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our Innovation Team as your feedback is valuable to us.

best

Corporate Drone
Assistant to Senior Team

T: XXXX XXX XXXX

Extension - 7136

So it looks like we're all going to have "healthy drinks" forced on us whether we want them or not

Back
Top Bottom