Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon its way too early in the process to be guessing the candidate, or predicting the extent to which Trumps foul opinions will hamper the republican vote come election day.

This goof is just a sideshow that will be utterly overshadowed by subsequent events for all we know.

I reckon its way too early in the process to be guessing the candidate, or predicting the extent to which Trumps foul opinions will hamper the republican vote come election day.

This goof is just a sideshow that will be utterly overshadowed by subsequent events for all we know.

I am still thinking the other candidates will be pleased that he makes them look relatively sane.

Then they find some way of getting rid of him...

I am still thinking the other candidates will be pleased that he makes them look relatively sane.

latest

The threat to run as an independent was quite entertaining. It's a question of how big his ego really is but if he did run as a third party the Democrats would crucify him.

She probably said it as a joke..

I don't believe anyone could be that dim..

Believe harder.

And recall that in the US orthodoxy:
  • everything that happened before the Declaration of Indepence happened at the same time; and
  • everything outside the continental 50 states is in the same place.

She probably said it as a joke..

I don't believe anyone could be that dim..

Lets check some of her other quotes.

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009

"Before we get started, let's all say 'Happy Birthday' to Elvis Presley today." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, while campaigning for president in South Carolina on what was actually the anniversary of Elvis's death, Aug. 16, 2011 (Elvis was born on January 8)

"Well what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too" -Rep. Michele Bachmann, getting her John Waynes mixed up during an interview after launching her presidential campaign in Waterloo, Iowa, where she grew up. The beloved movie star John Wayne was born in Winterset, Iowa, three hours away. The John Wayne that Waterloo was home to is John Wayne Gacy, a notorious serial killer. (June 2011)

Believe harder.

And recall that in the US orthodoxy:
  • everything that happened before the Declaration of Indepence happened at the same time; and
  • everything outside the continental 50 states is in the same place.

It's "the US orthodoxy" now is it?

By the same token I might say that "in the British orthodoxy it is the height of etiquette to drink 12 pints of lager every Saturday night before beating up the waiters in the local curry house."

Yours is the kind of comment that would unhesitatingly and rightly be identified as racist if used to characterize any other nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom