Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a general point - should personal finances be made publically available and, if so, why?

Where someone mixes their personal and corporate finances with other interests so fluidly and tends to make misleading claims about who owns/funds what, yes - And where Trump is concerned, its his corporate affairs that really need scrutiny, yet even they tend to be based in places (eg Delaware) that don't demand much by way of accountability.

Here, the clouds only lifted on the financial background for Menie when Trump was forced to submit a detailed financial statement as evidence to the PLI - And it was accurate (although a work of comedy in other ways), clearly demonstrating that Trump was only-in for a fraction of the costs of the scheme but two years of determined hype had done their damage and the big sums talked-up by him and his proponents were set in the general imagination. They were still being repeated as gospel by some only yesterday.

Thinking about the smoke and mirrors angle to his wealth. . . put that in the context of his present campaign, and the proper historical analogy may not be Hitler or Mussolini, but Napoleon III.

"When a man of my name is in power, he must do great things", N3 is said to have to said. AJP Taylor commented that this was the first major case of the label on the bottle being more important than the wine inside. A comment which could be applied to all manner of phenomena in our own time.

Let's not forget that N3 led his country to disaster, having failed to inherit his uncle's strategic nous.

First time tragedy, second time crap tragedy.

Reading this very long article from 1990, it becomes very clear that his personality and methods have barely changed at all since then. Nor has the response to them, especially from sections of the media:

After The Gold Rush

I wandered down to the pressroom on the fifth floor to hear about Trump’s testimony. The reporters sounded weary; they had heard it all before. “Goddamn it,” one shouted at me, “we created him! We bought his bullshit! He was always a phony, and we filled our papers with him!”

But in the meantime, in between time, ain't we got fun.

Not really, no.

I remember Trump throwing the ceremonial first pitch for the Yankees in1991. He got booed to fuck. The East German woman I was with asked why and I told her it was because he was a capitalist pig. She didn't believe me. But it was true.

Not really, no.

I remember Trump throwing the ceremonial first pitch for the Yankees in1991. He got booed to fuck. The East German womanI was with asked why and I told her it was because he was a capitalist pig. She didn't believe me. But it was true.
Sorry, I meant to write "haven't we got our collective bollocks caught in a mangle".

FACT: There is a Mexican rock band at the moment named "Los Hijos de Trump."

Also, you can buy Trump masks at the bodegas. They really fucking hate him down there, I wonder why.

Not really, no.

I remember Trump throwing the ceremonial first pitch for the Yankees in1991. He got booed to fuck. The East German woman I was with asked why and I told her it was because he was a capitalist pig. She didn't believe me. But it was true.

I remember on the soap opera Santa Barbara which was popular in the 90's there was a character based on Donald Trump whose name was Daniel Trask - he was a real cartoon villain-ish "capitalist pig" in fact that's where I first heard that term. I often refer to DT as Daniel Trask in my own mind

I remember on the soap opera Santa Barbara which was popular in the 90's there was a character based on Donald Trump whose name was Daniel Trask - he was a real cartoon villain-ish "capitalist pig" in fact that's where I first heard that term. I often refer to DT as Daniel Trask in my own mind
Or Daniel Clamp :D

Topps_Daniel_Clamp.jpg

Chingon.

Howard Stern used to rip the piss out of Trump back then too. Until they became compadres.

FACT: There is a Mexican rock band at the moment named "Los Hijos de Trump."

Also, you can buy Trump masks at the bodegas. They really fucking hate him down there, I wonder why.

Did you see any Phil Dwyer Piñatas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom