Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe I should produce the tax returns for all of my relatives anywhere at all times and you can peruse them and see that that person qualifies and that one does not - kulak style?

You seem to want to make this about my brother's wife's family all of a sudden. Bit odd given that, the last time I checked, this was in the politics forum.

"but my bro also married a girl from San Francisco from a big Irish American family, mainly based in Chicago"

You are one who seemed it worth mentioning?
And "from a big Irish American family, mainly based in Chicago" seems to suggest we should make some kind of connection?

"but my bro also married a girl from San Francisco from a big Irish American family, mainly based in Chicago"

You are one who seemed it worth mentioning?
And "from a big Irish American family, mainly based in Chicago" seems to suggest we should make some kind of connection?

Seriously - what the fuck are you talking about? A big family means a big family - i.e. large. Lots of people, lots of kids, lots of relatives. They're mainly construction workers, you moron.

Yes, what despicable bastard would have brought up your brother's family out of the blue?

_220166_john_gummer_and_burger300.jpg

Seriously - what the fuck are you talking about? A big family means a big family - i.e. large. Lots of people, lots of kids, lots of relatives. They're mainly construction workers, you moron.
You actually have relatives who are ' blue collar workers'
;)

Ok - fuck it, we all knew you ridiculous trolls were beyond reproach but I tried to make a simple nuanced point about how Trump is charismatic, speaks well, and is not a career politician and, fair, others may have made it before, but it was worth making again and you all pile in because you would far rather have a go at someone you feel comfortable prodding at than actually thinking for yourselves.

It is ridiculous herd mentality and it's quite frankly embarrassing for you and for this bulletin board.

If you had the time or effort to watch one of his speeches in full or if you do, come back to me.

Otherwise you can get tae fuck.

And I mentioned my family in passing in reply to an insult and suddenly you manufacture some big deal out of it - that is truly fucking pathetic. You need to have a word with yourselves.

Ok - fuck it, we all knew you ridiculous trolls were beyond reproach but I tried to make a simple nuanced point about how Trump is charismatic, speaks well, and is not a career politician and, fair, others may have made it before, but it was worth making again and you all pile in because you would far rather have a go at someone you feel comfortable prodding at than actually thinking for yourselves...
It's hardly a nuanced point to notice he can address a rally. He's had a media career and it's no surprise he can speak in a decently polished fashion.

Ok - fuck it, we all knew you ridiculous trolls were beyond reproach but I tried to make a simple nuanced point about how Trump is charismatic, speaks well, and is not a career politician and, fair, others may have made it before, but it was worth making again and you all pile in because you would far rather have a go at someone you feel comfortable prodding at than actually thinking for yourselves.

It is ridiculous herd mentality and it's quite frankly embarrassing for you and for this bulletin board.

If you had the time or effort to watch one of his speeches in full or if you do, come back to me.

Otherwise you can get tae fuck.

And I mentioned my family in passing in reply to an insult and suddenly you manufacture some big deal out of it - that is truly fucking pathetic. You need to have a word with yourselves.
Buggerinhell, this is a thread discussing Donald Trump, if you have a shred of common sense, you wouldn't have brought your family or your family's holiday destinations into it.

If anyone might have the slightest interest in the matter of hand rather than pretending that they are in a playground, here is the article that features the Trump PR conference that I referred to above:

Donald Trump’s appalling reaction to a hate crime committed in his name

I think it's really valuable to watch him in action over a prolonged period of time, rather than just edited snips that might appeal to this or that audience according to editorial preference because then you get a sense of what he brings, rhetorically, to the table and why he is so very, very far ahead of the other candidates.

And this is a press conference in which he appears to defend, indirectly, two guys in, I think, Boston for beating the shit out of a homeless Mexican dude as being "passionate" about their country.

If anyone might have the slightest interest in the matter of hand rather than pretending that they are in a playground, here is the article that features the Trump PR conference that I referred to above:

Donald Trump’s appalling reaction to a hate crime committed in his name

I think it's really valuable to watch him in action over a prolonged period of time, rather than just edited snips that might appeal to this or that audience according to editorial preference because then you get a sense of what he brings, rhetorically, to the table and why he is so very, very far ahead of the other candidates.
The reason he's so far ahead is more to do with his credible pandering to the most active section of the Republican base than his particular personal or rhetorical qualities. They play a part only in so far as he succeeds at that more than his direct rivals, but he's not creating a constituency for the views he espouses, he's reflecting that base's views back to them. While he does that he alienates various other blocs including Republican "moderates" and ends up further from the White House.

The reason he's so far ahead is more to do with his credible pandering to the most active section of the Republican base than his particular personal or rhetorical qualities. They play a part only in so far as he succeeds at that more than his direct rivals, but he's not creating a constituency for the views he espouses, he's reflecting that base's views back to them. While he does that he alienates various other blocs including Republican "moderates" and ends up further from the White House.

The Republican base? I could be wrong here, on both points about base and appeal, but, despite his anti-Muslim rhetoric, he does not walk a proper bible belt line at all. I think he's unique.

Can you think of a Republican candidate in your lifetime like him?

You're probably quite a bit older than me so would be really interested to know.

Not a chance ( unless you are Mrs Coley, who on the (very)odd occasion, seems to think so:) but do carry on promoting the Trump, I have actually been known to alter my opinion, ask Casually Red.
But then again,he tends to be occasional rational;)

Can you point to one post, in full, as in my whole argument, when I have recommended him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom