Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CVtYnJ_WsAADxa5.png:large

there is enough truth to Raimondo’s theory—it makes just enough sense...

Aaaargh!

I was commenting to a couple of USian lawyers the other day that it seemed Trump was playing to a constituency that doesn't believe there are truths. Postmodern rednecks? People who just want their own personal story amplified, anyway.

And now... "truthiness" has become the touchstone for the Gawker.

As expected, his poll numbers went up after his Muslim ban comments.

But he cancelled his trip to Israel "until after I become president" to avoid embarrassing Bibi.

I'm not sure that's true, there aren't poll results since before the No Muslims statement

but yeah the cancelling the trip to Israel and then saying after he becomes president he will go anywhere he wants is pretty funny.

I'm not sure that's true, there aren't poll results since before the No Muslims statement

but yeah the cancelling the trip to Israel and then saying after he becomes president he will go anywhere he wants is pretty funny.
He's done better in republican voters in two states. That seems to be it.

BTW, you ought to bop on down to NYC & pick up some Trump items...books, ties, cuff links ect. at the counter in the Trump Tower lobby. They'd make great xmas gifts.

re the co-op issue - its happening more across banks and their retail customers- there is a real unease in the trade about regulation and sanction lists being ramped up - I think the co-op are being advised by their risk department about possible choke points & activity triggers and are clearing the decks as a precaution - they are under special scrutiny after the events ofthe past couple of years- not easy for the PSC, as they will likely find issues elsewhere. The co-op are not what they used to be

Just watched one of his most controversial press conferences in full (worth doing btw) and you can see why he is popular.

We like to characterise him as a bigoted, quasi-fascist and there's a lot to that but he is a very charismatic speaker who goes totally against the grain of the reasoned, slightly arch, beautiful stuff that Obama does and also he clearly believes it all, as nuts as it is, and appears to have the courage of his convictions, which almost no politician at this stage in their career ever do.

There's an authenticity to him, as much as you may not like it. Put simply, I can see, to a degree, why people might think about wanting to vote for him - perfectly ordinary, perfectly rational people too.

There's an authenticity to him, as much as you may not like it. Put simply, I can see, to a degree, why people might think about wanting to vote for him - perfectly ordinary, perfectly rational people too.

He clearly even holds some sway over one particular perfectly rational lawyer.

And there's the selective quotation bollocks stuff again - I know I bang on about it a bit but it is so mendacious and demonstrates a combination of laziness and lack of backbone.

You mean to say that you have never been in the Trump Tower?!?! Then I cannot believe that you have the sheer AUDACITY to peddle your ignorance around here. You must holiday in the Trump Tower, otherwise you won't know anything about Donald Trump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom