Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Aberdeenshire? How great is his genuine support locally?

Pretty small - complete apathy is more the norm, except in far-right circles. TBH, original support was largely confined to people who saw their own interests served by his plans and that evaporated when all the building jobs went to an Irish company and it became obvious that his claims of an "economic boom" were bullshit.

Much of the business support was the result of extensive cheerleading and pressure from one body - ASCEF and there was much disquiet about the way they were pushing firms into declaring support for him. ASCEF itself got shut-down last week.

Pretty small - complete apathy is more the norm, except in far-right circles. TBH, original support was largely confined to people who saw their own interests served by his plans and that evaporated when all the building jobs went to an Irish company and it became obvious that his claims of an "economic boom" were bullshit.

Much of the business support was the result of extensive cheerleading and pressure from one body - ASCEF and there was much disquiet about the way they were pushing firms into declaring support for him. ASCEF itself got shut-down last week.
:( That was pretty much how it was presented at the time, so how did he manage to fool the local council etc? *sigh*

200,000 signers now. Fuck how I loathe online petitions, liberals really are colossal fucking idiots aren't they? Yeah let's play into the wanker's hands by signing a petition.

On a side note I saw a petition petitioning the queen, that unelected monarch, to dissolve this government because of Cameron's terrorist sympathisers comment. There's not enough face palm smileys in the world.

Ah but they have a thing for windmills

When I was in Rotterdam last year I noticed that the crazy golf in one of the city parks didn't have a windmill hole. I guess they wouldn't have found it exciting there.

(They did have a water mill though)

He's not going to be president ever, though, is he? Nate Silver said so.
So that's OK, because no psephologist ever, however clever, ever got it wrong. No successful politician ever thought people would be more honest and decent and less self-interested and stupid than they actually are.

200,000 signers now. Fuck how I loathe online petitions, liberals really are colossal fucking idiots aren't they? Yeah let's play into the wanker's hands by signing a petition.

On a side note I saw a petition petitioning the queen, that unelected monarch, to dissolve this government because of Cameron's terrorist sympathisers comment. There's not enough face palm smileys in the world.
I am not in any sense a liberal, but I signed the petition. Truth to tell I can see both sides of the argument for allowing him here and excluding him. I didn't honestly think that signing it would in any way lead to him being banned if only because he has too much power and influence. The petition does however serve to underline how many people are pissed of with the racist scumbag.

Hot-poop from RGU - They have stripped Trump of his Honorary Degree, effective immediately! :D
'Just goes to show how under the thumb the craven Europeans are' - he will say. (Obvs not like how under the thumb anyone was when a billionaire wanted to make a golf course.)

:( That was pretty much how it was presented at the time, so how did he manage to fool the local council etc? *sigh*

A lot of us would like an answer to that one TBH!

I'd guess it was because a lot of them got dollar signs in their eyes and went into a feeding frenzy. At one of the early public meetings, a senior councilor delivered a speech in favour of the scheme that could be boiled down to "Give my boy a job and I'll do anything for you" - After that, much of the voting divided on party lines, not on the merit (or lack-of) of the proposals themselves. Then the political crisis caused by the dismissal of Martin Ford and Trump's stepping right outside of the democratic process saw them panic further - There are a lot of unanswered questions there!

Then there was the competition between Visit Scotland and ASCEF, who were each openly fighting to push the plan along and be more and more "accomodating" to Trump than each other. Again, reality got left behind.

'Just goes to show how under the thumb the craven Europeans are' - he will say. (Obvs not like how under the thumb anyone was when a billionaire wanted to make a golf course.)

Also remember that Iain Wood (glasses) - was one of Trump's most prominent supporters here was (and still is) RGU's Chancellor.

_87097844_trumpdegree.jpg

Wood himself has form for near-fash ideology. I've quoted from some of his anti-democratic speeches on other threads here before

Last edited:
God remember that Kardashian Twitter blocker app thing and I need one of those but for Donald Trump and the whole internet.

Basically a loud mouth billionaire with a Twitter account his some how dominating the world media and instead of Syria or the climate summit or a million other things were talking about Donald Trump like his opinion fucking matters.

I am not in any sense a liberal, but I signed the petition. Truth to tell I can see both sides of the argument for allowing him here and excluding him. I didn't honestly think that signing it would in any way lead to him being banned if only because he has too much power and influence. The petition does however serve to underline how many people are pissed of with the racist scumbag.

Power and influence might stop it being debated, I hope not - it has the scope to be a good one with wider resonance.

I think I'm just weary of petitions in general tbh and the absurdity they unintentionally highlight. This week I've seen the one I mentioned about the queen, one about preventing some thick as pig shit, loud mouth billionaire from entering the uk because he makes stupid, thick as pig shit comments about preventing people who believe in a major religion, from entering a country founded by people who believe in a different major religion by wiping out a group of people who believe in a different religion to both of those two. To top it off we have another petition to prevent some thick as pig shit, loud mouth millionaire, who punched himself full pelt in the face, from being offered as a voting option in a meaningless popularity contest because he made thick as pig shit comments about women and homosexuals influenced by a major religion he follows. In thick as pig shit millionaire's case it's people voting to stop a panel of voters from offering up a voting option to another group of voters in a different vote where they could just choose not to vote for him anyway.

Those latter two petitions got more signatures than the one kindly asking our masters to not bomb the fuck out of yet another middle eastern country.

I just really needed to get that off my chest.

Hi guys,
My name is Shahernaz Kargar (I know it is difficult haha)
I was wondering if anybody here can help me. I am a masters student in Anthropology from Amsterdam and I am conducting my research on the 2011 riots in relation to Brixton specifically. I really need help with finding people who are willing to share their opinions in regards to this subject. I think it is always important to debate and speak of important issues which affect communities such as Brixton because academia and a wider debate always helps to spread light on issues that are ongoing in society today. I will give a lot of information in regards to my research and about myself if anyone is willing to give me their time of day for which I will eternally be grateful.
I hope you all have a merry xmas.
thanks
Shahernaz

Hi guys,
My name is Shahernaz Kargar (I know it is difficult haha)
I was wondering if anybody here can help me. I am a masters student in Anthropology from Amsterdam and I am conducting my research on the 2011 riots in relation to Brixton specifically. I really need help with finding people who are willing to share their opinions in regards to this subject. I think it is always important to debate and speak of important issues which affect communities such as Brixton because academia and a wider debate always helps to spread light on issues that are ongoing in society today. I will give a lot of information in regards to my research and about myself if anyone is willing to give me their time of day for which I will eternally be grateful.
I hope you all have a merry xmas.
thanks
Shahernaz

What do anthropologists make of Donald Trump? Can they make any sense of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom