Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doctor Who Series 10

Who the fuck ever really thought it would be Swinton? Would be great but absolutely zero chance of it happening

Who the fuck ever really thought it would be Swinton? Would be great but absolutely zero chance of it happening

I know. When I saw her suggested I scoffed at the idea that she would find the time to do/want to do it, as amazing as she would have been.

arrrrrhhh. I dont know her but she looks sooooo boring. lets hope she can over act. my daughter on the other hand did cartwheels at just the thought that there is a woman dr who in her life time, so I have to go along with that. mr who is for her age now. just wish it was a swinton or a missy and not such a mor beauty.
by the way my daughter literally did cartwheels in the garden and shouted to the world about how happy she was, so i know this is big for her.
I don't know how old your daughter is, but mine is 18 and was literally dancing round the room! She and her friends are now frantically messaging each other to discuss it.
It is a HUGH deal for young women! :thumbs:

I don't know how old your daughter is, but mine is 18 and was literally dancing round the room! She and her friends are now frantically messaging each other to discuss it.
It is a HUGH deal for young women! :thumbs:
Hope for their sakes it / she isn't shit.
Cause you know what will be blamed.

Well, when it comes to knowing what you are talking about, you said:

Would you like to give us some detail about that? Which feminists? What did they do?
German Grear. She probably wrote a book about how if the Dr was a woman we'd one day be advanced enough to have a female Prime minister.

Well, when it comes to knowing what you are talking about, you said:

Would you like to give us some detail about that? Which feminists? What did they do?
How else do you explain this nonsense then? Some of us have been following the show since probably before most of you were even born, and now we've just been crapped on from a great height. The character is MALE, has always been MALE, and should have stayed MALE.

Oooooooh I see. The guy replacing Moffat as writer is writer for Broadchurch.

To those who watch Broadchurch, please tell me that the writing is genuinely excellent please?

If so it may all work out rather than turn into a horrendous nightmare.

So feminists have ruined a great British TV iconic male character. I wish it had have been Danny Dyer. He would have been totally wrong for the role, but at least he would have been the correct sex................

Regardless of whether this new person will be any good, the thought of all the MRA tosspots having fits of apoplexy is reason enough to celebrate.

How else do you explain this nonsense then? Some of us have been following the show since probably before most of you were even born, and now we've just been crapped on from a great height. The character is MALE, has always been MALE, and should have stayed MALE.
Well, I've been watching it since something like 1965 and I've managed to stay calm. Unless you are in the camp of thinking all authority figures are inherently male (looks like you are to be honest), I'd have thought a regenerating timelord was inherently someone who could change gender, ethnicity etc.

The best thing about the decision is how much it's upset pricks.
So I'm a "prick" am I because I don't want a character that I grew up with, and that was a huge part of my childhood, to be fucked about with? Fuck off
Regardless of whether this new person will be any good, the thought of all the MRA tosspots having fits of apoplexy is reason enough to celebrate.

I've no idea what an "MRA" even is..........

Seems a lot of you don't care about the character AT ALL.

what is there in the character that means it has to be a man? this change is perfectly canon. I've been a lifelong fan, watched back during the interregnum stuff that hadn't aired in my lifetime. Anyway my seal of rassilon tattoo gives me the authority to declare this a good choice. Even the crap Baker agrees

I mean did you get upset this much when he turned out to have a wife whereas old who was never interested in that?

My first memory of Dr Who is Patrick Troughton. I clearly remember Jamie being dropped back into his own time. I'm delighted by this casting and I can't wait for more! It's very exciting.
You got at least half a year to enjoy that feeling. Enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Back
Top Bottom