Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doctor Who 2023

Can't wait for the Xmas special, looks great fun.

This morning's episode was very enjoyable, the anticipation... was like unwrapping a present under the tree. A little bit sentimental at the end... but so what? The Doctor is like the Pope now, and if some DM types get all huffy about it.. good!

Neil Patrick Harris had a Joker/Jim Carey energy, so very different to Gough but brilliant all the same.

He’s so pulchritudinous.

From the Latin for beautiful.
I feel sure it's a word that Colin Baker's 6th Doctor used at some point, he was often using long or obscure or archaic words, that was his thing as much as Jelly Babies were Tom Baker's or Bessie was Pertwee's.
I also recall him making a pun out of peripatetic/Peri.

gsv, and other comments I've seen on social media, have already said it seems a bit undermining of the first black Doctor. And I agree with them. Someone described it as 'Break glass for emergency David Tennant' . That said RTD is smart enough to not go there in the immediate future I'd have thought.
I agree with thoe comments. A similar thing happened after Capaldi took over. His first episode had Matt Smith's doctor phoning Clara (and thus the audience) to reassure her about becoming an unlikable scotsman (tautology)

To be fair, we don't know what happens at Christmas and it's possible Tenant will be written out more properly

I watched the episode again this morning with OH when he got in from his night shift - a love of Doctor Who is something we have in common and him working nights usually fucks up us sitting and watching it together, so for recent ones I've been doing a 2nd viewing in the morning with him, I get to see his reactions and we have a chat about it and I pick up on stuff that I missed the first time round (I am good at missing stuff first time round).

The part with the doll was still fucking scary and caused horripilation on a 2nd viewing, I do have a bit of a doll phobia tbf but that part was really well done and I loved the way Donna addressed it with a rhyme followed by violence - fucking love Donna, Tate would not have been an obvious choice for me as a companion but she's been wonderful throughout and Donna is probably my favourite companion.

I thought the premise for the giggle and how it was affecting people was really very good.

Neil Patrick Harris was excellent - creepy and evil and managed to somehow have a dance number which actually fit with the thing and was somewhat brilliant - it could have been awkward and seemed shoehorned in, but for whatever reason it managed to retain that same level of creepy and just worked

Wondering whether we will see a return of The Master in the near future.

I watched the episode again this morning with OH when he got in from his night shift - a love of Doctor Who is something we have in common and him working nights usually fucks up us sitting and watching it together, so for recent ones I've been doing a 2nd viewing in the morning with him, I get to see his reactions and we have a chat about it and I pick up on stuff that I missed the first time round (I am good at missing stuff first time round).

The part with the doll was still fucking scary and caused horripilation on a 2nd viewing, I do have a bit of a doll phobia tbf but that part was really well done and I loved the way Donna addressed it with a rhyme followed by violence - fucking love Donna, Tate would not have been an obvious choice for me as a companion but she's been wonderful throughout and Donna is probably my favourite companion.

I thought the premise for the giggle and how it was affecting people was really very good.

Neil Patrick Harris was excellent - creepy and evil and managed to somehow have a dance number which actually fit with the thing and was somewhat brilliant - it could have been awkward and seemed shoehorned in, but for whatever reason it managed to retain that same level of creepy and just worked

Wondering whether we will see a return of The Master in the near future.
That last point. Yes indeed.

The gold tooth!

If 15 is chilled out because 14 is taking a long break, then that implies that once 14 dies he'll just.. die. Not regenerate, because he's already done that.
Listen to the Doctor Who Official Podcast! OMG, it’s so much more than that!

Apparently also revealed in the commentary version of the episode, RTD says that when 14 bi-generated so did all the Doctors throughout history!

So all the Doctors are growing old in their own timelines.

Listen to the Doctor Who Official Podcast! OMG, it’s so much more than that!

Apparently also revealed in the commentary version of the episode, RTD says that when 14 bi-generated so did all the Doctors throughout history!

So all the Doctors are growing old in their own timeline
It might be good to have a science fiction writer writing Dr Who, then we would not have such nonsense.

It might be good to have a science fiction writer writing Dr Who, then we would not have such nonsense.
🤣 It’s amazing the different reactions! My thought was “so that’s why the Doctors look older in the Tales of the Tardis, and why the Curator is Old Tom Baker”. I think it’s a great idea and has so many possibilities.

But what do I know? I’m not really a science fiction fan.

It is?
Have to admit I've never seen one like that!
I have one in mind that's pretty much the same shape and had the novelty of different size/shape of buttons. Admittedly, it didn't have different colours or metallic paint on it. But the shape just immediately brought it to mind. I can't see it as anything else now!

Do we know who picked up the tooth, with the hand with red nail varnish?
p0fhm3fm.jpg

would be my guess

Back
Top Bottom