Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doctor Who 2023

It'll be on iplayer.

Yeah I know but there are certain things I like to watch as they are aired. Bit of a quirk or old fashioned perhaps, but it is what it is.
As it is, I'm going to sit down to watch it, can't have the sound up too loud so I can hear the door buzzer over it, then get interrupted part way through.
Just annoying, I could have gone for any other timeslot that day for the delivery, but it never even crossed my mind.

Yeah I know but there are certain things I like to watch as they are aired. Bit of a quirk or old fashioned perhaps, but it is what it is.
As it is, I'm going to sit down to watch it, can't have the sound up too loud so I can hear the door buzzer over it, then get interrupted part way through.
Just annoying, I could have gone for any other timeslot that day for the delivery, but it never even crossed my mind.
I completely understand. I'm that way about some things too. I've friends visiting for lunch, we've not seen them for 4 years, I'm hoping they leave before Dr Who.

FUCK SAKE - I've arranged the grocery delivery for the 1 hour timeslot when it's on.
FUCK FUCK FUCK.

:mad:
I’m really sorry to hear that. That’s terrible timing. Totally get the trauma. Mrs LR is going out tonight with her gym buddies and I’m really hoping she’s not still faffing around showing me costumes when it’s air time for this evening’s episode!

I’m really sorry to hear that. That’s terrible timing. Totally get the trauma. Mrs LR is going out tonight with her gym buddies and I’m really hoping she’s not still faffing around showing me costumes when it’s air time for this evening’s episode!

My groceries arrived early, thank you Morrisons!
All put away and I'm on the sofa, ready to watch.

Well that was excellent IMO.

I really can't find anything to fault about it.
The baddies were really well done, there were a couple of uncanny valley moments early on with the arms and size changes which could so easily have looked silly and cartoonish, but was IMO done just right and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Pleased to see Wilf, and looking forward to the next episode.
A good return to form if you ask me.

Really good. Except for the retention of Chibnall’s crappy contribution to lore, of course.

But so satisfying to see proper actors absolutely acing a bottle episode.

They were both brilliant throughout, not a duff moment of performance from either of them.

You can really see the Disney money in this one! Enjoyed it, good old battle of wits set up with a bit of existential dread thrown in.

Also, dudebros losing it on social media because there was a cameo of Isaac Newton played by an actor with Indian heritage. :rolleyes::D

You can really see the Disney money in this one! Enjoyed it, good old battle of wits set up with a bit of existential dread thrown in.

Also, dudebros losing it on social media because there was a cameo of Isaac Newton played by an actor with Indian heritage. :rolleyes::D

He was good in It's A Sin, I hope to see him in more things

I enjoyed this. I loved the look of the spaceship.

I was wondering why the action seemed to be cutting between two different rooms. Could it be a continuity glitch? I wondered. Then it became clear why. That was well done.

The scene with Bernard Cribbins was touching, given that we know he died shortly afterwards.
I was not that bothered by the idea that there is an edge to space, but I think it would have been better if this nonsense had not been in a programme that will influence many children

I am a little irritated that it reinforced the false narrative that Newton came up with the idea of gravity ("mavity") when in fact he built on the work of Galileo, who demonstrated that objects of different masses will fall with the same acceleration if wind resistance is negligible.

I think that the adaptation of the closing music is bad.

Back
Top Bottom