Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doctor Who 2023

Ok, it's time to play 'How many Doctor Who actors (Doctors and Companions only) have you seen on stage?' I've seen Davison, plus Arthur Darvill, Catherine Tate and Bonnie Langford.

Ok, it's time to play 'How many Doctor Who actors (Doctors and Companions only) have you seen on stage?' I've seen Davison, plus Arthur Darvill, Catherine Tate and Bonnie Langford.
Tennant & Baker (Colin, sadly), Alex Kingston, Lindsey Duncan & David Morrissey (wiki says they're all companions) and, fuck you, I'm having The Master, my old school buddy, John Simm.

Tennant & Baker (Colin, sadly), Alex Kingston, Lindsey Duncan & David Morrissey (wiki says they're all companions) and, fuck you, I'm having The Master, my old school buddy, John Simm.
Personally I would not permit one-episode wonders. And I've seen Derek Jacobi.

Did anyone else watch this?

It's worth a watch, some interesting behind the scenes interviews, covering all sorts of stuff, including near death experiences on set.
Ww watched that. It was interesting and helped remind us that there was so much to Dr Who, both good and bad.

only Paul McGann.
but on two different occasions.

I've caught up from Saturday.

that was certainly an RTD episode.
if anyone thought he might adopt a markedly different style for the different era, that's a firm no from the big man himself.

Still down that road...

Peter Davidson walked past my table when I was having a pint in Guildford a couple of years ago.

Tom Baker used to live in the village next to mine, drove a yellow jag and used to swear at us kids :D

I saw eccleston in hamlet. He had just got the part as dr who and my ex was working at the theatre and got to know him a bit - so I had a beer with him in the bar afterwards. He bought me a pint and I gave him my (spare) copy of "dr who and the day of the daleks" for research.

Seen Tennant and Simm in plays. Briefly met Davidson as a school friend's mum was mates with him having had a small part in A Very Peculiar Practice and he popped over to their house once when I was there.

I watched the colour dalek adventure. Started off ok, but the editing became an absolute mess from half way. Two thirds in the new music was absolutely unbearable. Too loud and didn't fit the story at all. Dreadful.
I've only previously watched a handful of Hartnell, but this story has got to be one of the worst. . . Even more so than that planet of the bee men.

Currently rereading the David Whitaker adaptation (after over 40 years). It's so dark and strange, Ian is an out of work scientist who meets Barbara for the first time at the site of an RTA in Barnes Common...

So there's 4 versions of the tale. Can't wait to see the latest iteration!

Back
Top Bottom