Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doctor Who 2023

When Dr Who is bad it's bad because of the writing not the family friendly bit.

Time and the Rani wouldn't be better if it had full frontal nudity and a gory death scene.

Ok it would be slightly better but still bad.
It could have "full frontal nudity and a gory death scene" and still be childish.

I think I didn’t welcome Donna at first at the time, though. I wasn’t a fan of Catherine Tate’s comedy, and I was mourning Martha (I had a bit of a crush on Freema Agyeman). But her performance remains captivating and the writing is the best of New Who.
What I didn’t appreciate at the time was that Tate’s training was actually as Srs Actr. If memory serves, the comedy thing developed out of characters she worked on as part of her performing arts degree. Something like that.

What I didn’t appreciate at the time was that Tate’s training was actually as Srs Actr. If memory serves, the comedy thing developed out of characters she worked on as part of her performing arts degree. Something like that.
I didn’t know that.

Predictions:

It's great fun, if a bit average

It's shit because I'm not a teen anymore

It doesn't match with the Dave Gibbons/Pat Mills version from 40 years ago... so, why bother

It's Disney

I just hope the Ninth Doctor says my favourite catchphrase: 'Make it so, Number One.'
when I saw Hamlet I few years ago, with DT & PS, my favourite bit was in the interval, overhearing someone saying 'so Doctor Who wants to kill Jean Luc Picard...'

I find I like the idea of Doctor Who much more than the reality of it these days. I might watch this at some point but in no hurry to see it any time soon. :(

I think an injection of loads of money and a requirement to appeal to the widest possible demographic can only enhance any media franchise.
I’ve been watching Loki this week on Disney+. It’s exactly Dr. Disney Who. It’s also very good — that’s not an insult to the makers of Loki. But it’s very much an American conglomerate’s version of a quirky British space magician having timey-wimey adventures.

Back
Top Bottom