Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you want AV for the UK? Cast your vote here!

AV referendum, May 2011

• Total voters
Well according to VP electoral reform is all a means of pulling the wool over peoples' eyes? So if we win, there will be less consciousness of social conflict?!

"appeasement"?! Seriously?! You don't think you're getting carried away with your rhetoric?
You're promoting an idea which at it's core says "forget about meaningful electoral reform, and go along with the 'miserable little compromise' ", you (and the ERS) are attempting to appease those who want real electoral reform by "bigging up" the meaning of an switch to AV.
So no, I'm not getting carried away.

I'm not arguing, and have never argued, that even the best sort of electoral reform (which AV clearly isn't) is any kind of panacea. But that doesn't mean it isn't *tactically* advantageous. You think AV will blind everyone to the effect of the cuts? O ye of little faith....

Don't put words in my mouth, thanks.

Well according to VP electoral reform is all a means of pulling the wool over peoples' eyes? So if we win, there will be less consciousness of social conflict?!

Putting more words that I haven't spoken into my mouth.

I stated that the objective of pushing for AV was only political insofar as it benefited political parties. How you arrived at a conclusion were that means that I meant that " electoral reform is all a means of pulling the wool over peoples' eyes", I don't know, but you obviously have a vivid and fertile imagination.

Interesting that it's mostly the board's divs who have voted for AV in the poll above.

That's an interesting comment coming from the king of the divs himself.

"And people wonder why we cheer when scum like Blakelock or Fletcher get what they deserve" - Still the worst comment I've ever read on this or any other board. "Div" doesn't even come close.

Also, many of them pro AV votes are from second accounts/specially set up accounts. Check the join dates and activity on the unknown names - so crude :D

"And people wonder why we cheer when scum like Blakelock or Fletcher get what they deserve" - Still the worst comment I've ever read on this or any other board. "Div" doesn't even come close.

Interesting too, that you're cross-posting something from another thread.

Perhaps you should re-acquaint yourself with what the forum rules have to say about cross-posting, divvie.

Also, many of them pro AV votes are from second accounts/specially set up accounts. Check the join dates and activity on the unknown names - so crude :D

:D

I wonder if the ERS would appreciate it that one of their staff has been relying on a rigged poll (whom ever it was rigged by) being used to illustrate his argument?

Seriously though I imagine it might make entertaining reading for one of the mods if they checked the ip addresses of some of those new posters :D

I wonder if the ERS would appreciate it that one of their staff has been relying on a rigged poll (whom ever it was rigged by) being used to illustrate his argument?

Seriously though I imagine it might make entertaining reading for one of the mods if they checked the ip addresses of some of those new posters :D
worth asking them....

Welcome to the internet. You might want to wear these "please don't offend my delicate sensibilities" blinkers and earmuffs...

At least 3 votes for AV are second accounts/people regged solely to vote. There may be more. What a great example of pluralism.

Is this a tactic that the ERS have adopted across the board articul8? Is it something that you've talked about? Or was it just a lucky coincidence?

Fuck me,your politics really ARE 100% shit!:eek:
Gobsmacked

He's either lying, is a hypocrite, or doesn't read many boards, if that's the worst comment he's ever read. He must not have ever visited freak republic or stormcunt, at the very least.

Then again, given his piss-weak idea of what constitutes politics, it's hardly surprising that he reacts like he buys all his POVs from the red-tops.

Welcome to the internet. You might want to wear these "please don't offend my delicate sensibilities" blinkers and earmuffs...

Quite. Or grow a pair.

I read all sorts of tasteless and offensive bollocks on web-sites. You either agree or disagree with it, and if you disagree with it, you can do one of two things: Ignore it or challenge it with a well-constructed rational argument. As I recall, Mr. Hertford's argument was, in the vernacular, a bag of shite.

Tbh, I'd love to know what was so offensive. I reckon we'd all be quivering in our boots if it'd gone the other way...

*snigger*

At least 3 votes for AV are second accounts/people regged solely to vote. There may be more. What a great example of pluralism.

Is this a tactic that the ERS have adopted across the board articul8? Is it something that you've talked about? Or was it just a lucky coincidence?

What, surely you don't believe that a straight-as-a-die person like articul8, who doesn't misrepresent other posters EVER, and who's as honest as the day is long, would have an interest in "engineering" the result of an internet poll? :eek:

Shame on you, Mr. Apron!! :( :(

Back
Top Bottom