Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Discussion: UK anti-vaxx 'freedom' morons, protests and QAnon idiots

Tier 3, very high risk, so far that's just the Merseyside region & Lancastershire, I've only got the link to details of the different tier restrictions.

ETA - They have updated that page to include a link to the postcode checker:

Cheers. Not in effect where I am, which is in line with the last thing I could be arsed to read (which was the local Government saying what the rules were as of middle of last week). :)

Tier 2 at present but the gf was talking about some possible announcement today which will determine whether the NE will go into tier 3.

So no rules broken at the moment, then. I can understand your gf's mate wanting to get out of the house now and then for sanity reasons in any case.

People are confused about the private garden thing because before the tiers were announced, most areas that had restrictions similar to Tier 2 were not allowed to mix in private gardens. Now they are.

Yeah, same in my area, and it is confusing. It was banned, now allowed. Victory to the glorious anti-lockdown struggle comrades! ;)

There are a lot of Covid-denying new age numbskulls in this area, including some people on the borders of my friendship groups, and it's really causing huge rifts amongst friends. Lots of people who think of themselves as vaguely 'alternative' but coming at that from different angles - left wing / green / lifestyle stuff / spiritual - who have always rubbed along fine in the past now at loggerheads. People waking up to the fact that those who were thought to be decent with a few wacky beliefs are actually downright dangerous to be around right now. There's a group of them opening a sort of wellness and social centre not far from me - this time last year I'd have been pretty enthusiastic about what they are doing and probably got involved and now I'm really fucked off that they're there and no way am I going inside.

What’s worrying me (& it’s not marty1) is an increasing cheering from the anti-estab when plod gets stuck into these conspiraloons. Ginger geordie has his head slammed into barricades & then there’s the swearing from one filth, only to be reigned in by a superior who points at him to withdraw his baton << that pointing can be seen in the urban pics video, but the words cannot be heard, only confirmation of that is from a friend who was documenting at that time, which I can’t link to atm.

Slippery fucking slope.
It reminds me of many moons ago when Wandsworth screws were on strike and picketing with the police running the prison.
A comrade and I started loads of trouble between screws and police and withdrew to watch them hit each other from a distance. Plus laugh a lot.

So no rules broken at the moment, then. I can understand your gf's mate wanting to get out of the house now and then for sanity reasons in any case.

Not sure then tbh, I/we thought that you couldn’t mix with other families/visit private residences.

If anything, my household has become even stricter on following the rules than we were already.

If there are any points of potential confusion, we automatically take the strictest version. Three members of my household are technically at risk from age (2nd highest bracket), one has asthma and another has just had an operation ... we've all had 'flu jabs this year and I'm the only one who didn't get the pneumonia one at the same time.

Which is all well and good for us, but we currently count as Tier2 and probably going to be in Tier3 with the rest of North East England ...
Except we have had a very low number of cases (as in single figures) for almost all of the time.
Unfortunately, we are well within an hour's drive / 40 miles of Tyneside.

I basically never go out unless it's to grab food or other essentials. I've been going out even less now that I've started having groceries delivered. So unless they start enforcing a full-bore Chinese-style extreme MegaLockdown 3000 (extremely unlikely in my estimation), I reckon I'm good. I don't need to start making up excuses, or start hunting around for loopholes like some barrack-room lawyer. Just let me hide until this shit is over, however long it takes. Fuck the economy, I don't want to catch a novel virus for the sake of some fucking boss's bottom line.

I basically never go out unless it's to grab food or other essentials. I've been going out even less now that I've started having groceries delivered. So unless they start enforcing a full-bore Chinese-style extreme MegaLockdown 3000 (extremely unlikely in my estimation), I reckon I'm good. I don't need to start making up excuses, or start hunting around for loopholes like some barrack-room lawyer. Just let me hide until this shit is over, however long it takes. Fuck the economy, I don't want to catch a novel virus for the sake of some fucking boss's bottom line.
Yeah, that hunting around for loopholes thing pisses me off, too.

Like you, this isn't going to affect me much, and the sacrifices I do have to make (eg human company) are, I think, worth it in order that I can do my bit to help keep infection rates down.

What really boils my piss is the apparent pride so many of these rat-lickers (thank you, Urban Dictionary :D) take in announcing their selfish, uncaring egotism.

Yeah, that hunting around for loopholes thing pisses me off, too.

Like you, this isn't going to affect me much, and the sacrifices I do have to make (eg human company) are, I think, worth it in order that I can do my bit to help keep infection rates down.

What really boils my piss is the apparent pride so many of these rat-lickers (thank you, Urban Dictionary :D) take in announcing their selfish, uncaring egotism.

Rat lickers? How novel....

what about cash-lickers, or rats wearing petrochemical ppe they picked up that was littering the environment, and other extreme brain games no fun to play

you'd need to block off the pavement so people didn't come within 2m of you all though. A few breeze blocks should do it :)

So if you put some chairs out on the pavement outside your house then that's ok as it's not in your garden. :eek:

The gf sits chatting with her friend in her garage - but they keep the garage door open thinking this keeps them within guidelines.

The gf sits chatting with her friend in her garage - but they keep the garage door open thinking this keeps them within guidelines.
No your still on private property. Your only allowed to meet in public spaces. The pavement is a public space. :)

Back
Top Bottom