Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

I bought these things

image1xl.jpg

This blouse

image1xxl.jpg

dunno, he was only 18 when boy in da corner blew up. doubt he'll have had time to go to rada...

I think he went to a bog standard school in the East End. The comedian Shazia Mirza was one of his teachers - she does a bit about it in her set sometimes.

I am thinking about ordering this.

31ZCtMRt5IL._SY445_.jpg

Ladies Plus Size Bodycon Stretch Long Sleeve Dress Womens Plain Top Sizes 16 - 20

I am overweight but baggy things just look awful and tent like. I was thinking about ordering a 20
Would I be able to get away with this with a thin vest and leggings underneath and a cardi or thin jumper over the top?
Or would I just look like a sac of potatoes?

ETA: It's only £9, I might just order it anyway and see.

I say order it, you can play around with belts and layering up with cardigans/jumpers/gillets etc. Plus you can return it if it doesnt work out.
I find that loose lothing makes me look fatter than I am, my small frame doesnt carry them gracefully you see, i just look like a child in adults clothig. I think its worth experiemnting to see how your body shape looks in tighter/looser/short/longer/layered clothes, if it doesnt work then it doesnt work and you can try somethign else.

I say order it, you can play around with belts and layering up with cardigans/jumpers/gillets etc. Plus you can return it if it doesnt work out.
I find that loose lothing makes me look fatter than I am, my small frame doesnt carry them gracefully you see, i just look like a child in adults clothig. I think its worth experiemnting to see how your body shape looks in tighter/looser/short/longer/layered clothes, if it doesnt work then it doesnt work and you can try somethign else.

Cheers.

I think I just have to embrace the bulges coz they seem to look better than things hanging off and looking HUGE!

31ZCtMRt5IL._SY445_.jpg

Ladies Plus Size Bodycon Stretch Long Sleeve Dress Womens Plain Top Sizes 16 - 20

I am overweight but baggy things just look awful and tent like. I was thinking about ordering a 20
Would I be able to get away with this with a thin vest and leggings underneath and a cardi or thin jumper over the top?

I like it - would look very good with some kind of chunky/colourful necklace, I think! And birdy earrings.

I wear things like this to work layered up with leggings, a shirt over the top (or underneath if the dress isn't too tight and the shirt isn't too thick) and a big necklace

I wear things like this to work layered up with leggings, a shirt over the top (or underneath if the dress isn't too tight and the shirt isn't too thick) and a big necklace

:cool:

I have a couple of thin jumpers and cardis that would cover up some of the bumps.

I don't really have an necklaces. Need to get to primark for some long sets of cheap beads.

don't ask about the jumper :oops: it's stupidly expensive :facepalm: but the only thing i could find that i liked colour, shape and composition. i'm temporarily flush so i'm treating myself, but this kind of purchase prolly explains why it's only ever temporary :D

Yeah, do it kittyP! Another vote for fitted rather than shapeless here. Not sure how tall you are but I'm fairly short and oversized stuff definitely makes me look larger than I am.

wayward bob love your selections, where's the jumper from?

About about 5'7" ish but being fat makes me look taller and I feel self conscious about that :facepalm:
What are we like ey?

Got a nice light blue crew neck cashmere jumper, Got a good discount so it was the same price as Uniqlo cashmere but feels better.
This dress, its nice and flowy without being too clingy
13WSPR_WH498_NAV.jpg

Simple wrap top, good fit for a change and not too baggy
13WAUT_WL784_BLK.jpg

A plain black jersey skirt which is a good length and again, nice and flowy but not clingy.
And this top, i like the neck detail but am not sure if the ruching make me look fatter (as i described earlier) but its a nice simple top so i think i'll keep it as it looks alright tucked into things
13WAUT_WL774_PEW.jpg

Everything is really plain and boring, I keep drifting back in to safe and sensible choices due to lack of inspiration/imagination.

Back
Top Bottom