Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap-related purchase(s) here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bough a pair of Marc by Mark Jacobs green patent leather ballet pumps. I can't post a pic because I seem to have bought the last pair. They are to wear with the dress I bought for my son's wedding.
Only the bag, tights and something for my head to get now and I'm sorted. :)

Marc by Marc Jacobs ballet pumps are always lovely...
I really want a pair of the Miss Marc ones, with her face on the front.

I just bough a pair of Marc by Mark Jacobs green patent leather ballet pumps. I can't post a pic because I seem to have bought the last pair. They are to wear with the dress I bought for my son's wedding.
Only the bag, tights and something for my head to get now and I'm sorted. :)

You got good taste!

Hurrah!
Today I bought a nice pencil skirt from Banana Republic that is a good length, nice fabric, good cut and doesn't make me look fat because of a baggy waistband. I am flipping thrilled! Their petite sizes are not very petite though :rolleyes:

Also got some gloves, some long sleeve tshirts and some of those heat-tech things from uniqlo, some things for shifty junior and a top for myself from gap and I nearly fell asleep on the bus home.

Yay! That didn't take you too long :)

Just had a look on their site, got some nice dresses in there... do they cater for big bums? :D

I'm noticing that dresses seem to be getting shorter in ALL shops... some the length of a long top... why? Not everyone has killer thighs they can show off!

i want this dress - no idea when i'd wear it, but i want it none the less!
57000003_thumb.jpg

Just had a look on their site, got some nice dresses in there... do they cater for big bums? :D

I'm noticing that dresses seem to be getting shorter in ALL shops... some the length of a long top... why? Not everyone has killer thighs they can show off!

It's so we can show off our over the knee boots and the short hemlines balance out big shoulders. (((fashion))) :hmm:

My boots arrived! They're slightly too long but right widthwise so I'm keeping them. :cool:

I just got this
NK049%20Black%20Hettie.jpg

I thought it looked quite nice but the foal has just said 'that looks howwible mummy' :(

I shall ignore him though, on the basis that he refuses to wear any of the really nice jumpers he has and will only wear fleeces :mad:

Their sizing is a bit funny, it's american and odd(I asked an assistant what the inside leg measurement of their petite trousers were and he grimaced and said 30" :eek::facepalm:).
They do two different fit of trousers, one for curves and one for straights, that seems like a good idea so I should hope that they'd have a good size and cut type arrangement with dresses. but i wouldn't hoold my breath like...

Yep, I'm with you on the thigh issue. I wear dresses to draw attention away from my thighs not to show them off in all their wobbly glory.

I thought it looked quite nice but the foal has just said 'that looks howwible mummy' :(

I shall ignore him though, on the basis that he refuses to wear any of the really nice jumpers he has and will only wear fleeces :mad:

They do it on purpose :mad:
I tried on a lovely dress and said 'what do you think?' to which he replied 'yeah, it's nice, you could wear it to a circus'
it's now known as my clown dress and I like it so there

You should get him an owl fleece, trashy ;)

I'm tempted but suspect stakes would be too high. I am currently bribing him with a jelly baby to get him to wear his lovely mini boden winter coat (bought in sale I hasten to add) rather than his cardigan when we leave the house :oops:

I tried on a lovely dress and said 'what do you think?' to which he replied 'yeah, it's nice, you could wear it to a circus'

Charming :mad:

Then again he does like to say to my mum 'you're an old lady' and then say 'mummy is not a lady, she's a girl' so he's not all negative :D

I can so imagine him saying it too! Your boy is comedy gold with his one liners shifty :D

I has bought nuffin for ages. :facepalm:

My shoulders ain't big, and I have enough trouble getting boots to fit round my calves... over the knee boots :eek: :D

:D Not your shoulders. Lady gaga type shoulders. It's another twist on the 80's comeback. And honestly no need to worry about your thighs. Prada have brought out some waders! :eek:
article-1158491-03B67620000005DC-887_306x586.jpg

It's so cold here, and in the absence of fast-fashion-current-styles type shops, I have bought some thermal underwear to keep me going until I find a cheap but groovy coat in my size.

My thermals are the least sexy thing I own, apart from those hideous socks they give you when you have surgery, which I keep out of some perverse kind of fascination.

I've really been trying not to get stuck wearing black and grey all winter again but apart from the green coat I've totally failed. Everything in the shops is black, grey, at best dark purple. Any suggestions for nice tops/dresses, size 22, in non-dreary colours?

NB I do prefer at least 3/4 length sleeves in winter except possibly on going-out type clothes.

Finally having a little bit of luck with clothes. Got some straight leg dark blue jeans for short people :cool: and a dress which has a neckline that I've been looking for for ages! It might be worn over trousers though because it's a little bit short :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom