Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Darwinning formula: Liverpool FC 2023/24

Can't quite describe the noise I made at Darwin's first goal. The second was more like a disbelieving "guh".

How do you do this for a full season?

Can't quite describe the noise I made at Darwin's first goal. The second was more like a disbelieving "guh".

How do you do this for a full season?
I was at work and was, naturally, skiving, so I had to a very dainty (difficult when you're 20 stone) leap, followed by a silent YEESSSSS!!!

Just need to gel quickly. My worry is we've got four very good box to box midfielders but no destroyers :D

Just need to gel quickly. My worry is we've got four very good box to box midfielders but no destroyers :D
Apparently that's Endo.

I freely admit I know nothing about him but I did hear that he wears a mouth guard to protect against concussion because he likes to get 'stuck in'.

Liverpool have rejected a bid by Saudiw of £150 million but will come back later today with a higher bid of £175 million

Liverpool have rejected a bid by Saudiw of £150 million but will come back later today with a higher bid of £175 million
I’m sure I saw on the news that Saudi transfer window is open until the end of next week minimum. Some sources say third week September .

My theory (for what it's worth) is they'll offer 175, and Liverpool will say no. The window, here anyway, will close and on Monday a 'delegation' will either go to Arabia, or they'll come here and a deal will be made for Salah to there next year for 120.

That'll all change of Salah, or his agent, kicks off but I doubt it. Salah doesn't seem the type, and his agent would have already got some kind of deal in place.

Merson on Salah:

"This is mind blowing money. This is money that means his grandchildren won't have to do anything. He'll be finished in four or five years. He's got another 50 years of his life left to live, it's a long time.

If Mo Salah's grandkids aren't already in a place to be very, very comfortable, something's going really wrong.

Not even quite sure what he's actually saying, because prior to the above he apparently said:

"Salah won't be happy. I did it many years ago. I went to Middlesbrough, the money was phenomenal. Looking back now, I wouldn't have done it again and that's no disrespect to Middlesbrough.

So Merson went to 'boro for "phenomenal" money, but seemingly thinks that was the wrong choice, but at the same time seems to be suggesting Salah won't be happy he's not getting a chance to go for "mindblowing" money...? :hmm: :confused:

Last edited:
Big Divock Origi is about to be signed by Forrest.

He'll almost certainly be useless, apart from against the Ev, where he'll score the winner in the 101st minute to send them down.

I think replacing Henderson, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Fabinho and Keita (average age 31 and a half) with Endo, Szoboszlai, "Gary" Mac Allister and Gravenburch (average age 24 and a quarter) for a net spend of 94m represents a very good window tbh.

Would have liked a match-ready CB too as Matip isn't what he used to be, Gomez has never turned out to be what he was supposed to be and Konate is taking too long to get to what he should be, but all told I'm pretty hopeful in a way I wasn't not too long ago.

Agreed.
Given as bad as at it looked at times, save the CB, it's been a good window.

Of course, it'll mean for nought if we don't finish 4th.

But then again, fuck it we're gonna win the league!!!

It's Sunday, I can't be arsed, you can't be arsed -
So here's last year's 7-0 against United IN FULL:

What do you reckon for this year?
Top 4 is doable even though Spurs seem to have improved. I predict in fact a title challenge until about Feb when we'll fall off and City win 14 straight games to take the title by 8-10 points ahead of whoever's second.

Back
Top Bottom