Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Darwinning formula: Liverpool FC 2023/24

I'd like to give him the chance. I can understand the outrage and hypocracy calls.

But now he's there, maybe he can affect from the inside. And maybe use their money to donate/set up charities and causes that align with his original views.

We'll soon find out I guess.

I'd like to give him the chance. I can understand the outrage and hypocracy calls.

But now he's there, maybe he can affect from the inside. And maybe use their money to donate/set up charities and causes that align with his original views.

We'll soon find out I guess.

How much of his seven hundred grand a week does he have to bung to charity to make this ok?

Hendo has pissed me off, not because of him going for the money because he's coming to the end of his career but because of how he's tossed his support for LGBTQI+ aside.
Same.
I veer from anger to sadness if I'm honest.
My only sollice, having friends who have lived both in Arbia and currently in Qatar, is it is a fucking horrendous place to live.

Anyway, he's gone, ta-ra then lad.

This season.

Still need players imo, if Fabinho goes especially we need a destroyer in midfield and a right back or centre back depending on if the TAA experiment means 352 or 433

Not a Liverpool fan but interested observer, do you have any midfielders left? Didn't something like 5 leave now?

Not a Liverpool fan but interested observer, do you have any midfielders left? Didn't something like 5 leave now?
We have:

Thiago
Jones
Elliott
Bajcetic
Mac Allister
Szoboszlai
Fabinho (who might move to Saudi)
TAA (who might move to midfield)

We have:

Thiago
Jones
Elliott
Bajcetic
Mac Allister
Szoboszlai
Fabinho (who might move to Saudi)
TAA (who might move to midfield)
Thought Fabinho had gone and bizarrely forgot about Thiago which did make it sound far worse and didn't realise Szoboszlai was in. Could be worse (United fan and look at ours) but Fabinho does seem like a big loss if he goes. TAA looked very promising tho.

Thought Fabinho had gone and bizarrely forgot about Thiago which did make it sound far worse and didn't realise Szoboszlai was in. Could be worse (United fan and look at ours) but Fabinho does seem like a big loss if he goes. TAA looked very promising tho.
I'm excited about Szobo, looks a baller.
The midfielders who left were mainly not starters, even Henderson, so we've lost depth rather than much else. I want to see us battle you for Amrabat's signature, if he can play club football like he did at the WC for Morocco he'd be a very good signing.

Yeh definitely overestimated how much Keita, Oxlade Chamberlain and Arthur played, just remembering reputation I think lol. Henderson and Milner are 31 and 35 of 38 league games tho which is a fair amount. Two new faces should replace those nicely.

Didn't see much of Amrabat other than reputation, always wary of anyone signing off WC performance tho. Remember it going so badly for many teams lol. I would just like a real striker, seems one is on the way but record isn't convincing. Think with Taremi as competition it would be better.

I think there is a lot to look forward to when you look at all the attacking options Liverpool have.

I think there is a lot to look forward to when you look at all the attacking options Liverpool have.
Yeah, haven't you heard, we're defo gonna win the league?

All joking (and mindless optimism) aside, I'd be happy for a top 3 finish, and a decent run in the UEFA.

Is he worth that?
Inasmuch as anyone is 'worth' mega millions, yes. Does seem crazy that (should this go through) that the three most expensive premier league signings will be DMs (Caciedo, Fernandez, Rice).

Caciedo is young, mobile, great engine, fierce tackler, terrific passer, has played with Alexis "Gary" Mac Allister at Brighton. It's a statement signing and IMO puts (keeps?) us in the bracket of teams challenging for the title rather than top 4 or "just" European football.

Could have had Bellingham for that money. Still, Brighton were pretty good last year and we are desparate for a central defensive midfielder. Title challenge here we come.

:eek:

Could have had Bellingham for that money. Still, Brighton were pretty good last year and we are desparate for a central defensive midfielder. Title challenge here we come.

:eek:
Tbf there's a difference between spending umpteen millions on a DM you want but don't need and a DM you both want AND need. We had Henderson and Fabinho when Bellingham was available - now we have neither but £52m towards a top class DM.

That's crazy money, we spent just shy of £65 million on 3 players.
Really hope he has a great career at Anfield.

Back
Top Bottom