Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dark (On Netflix)

Both are science fiction shows, they feature teenage characters and a part of Dark takes place in the 80s but apart from that they are totally different shows. I enjoy both, they do what they do extremely well, even if Dark is closer to my sensibility. I never saw much point in setting them up against each other.

I'm not.
I was just amused by a youtube comment.

But on that..I enjoyed DARK more than Stranger Things. And I loved Stranger Things.
I've not seen anything as absolutely perfect as DARK in ages.
It will be a cult series if it isnt already.

Not reading any posts atm for fear of spoilers but I tried watching S3E2 lat night while a bit out of if and I couldn't keep up. I'm sure it was just because I was wasted though. I'm going back to it later.

I'm not.
I was just amused by a youtube comment.

But on that..I enjoyed DARK more than Stranger Things. And I loved Stranger Things.
I've not seen anything as absolutely perfect as DARK in ages.
It will be a cult series if it isnt already.
I'm pretty sure its a cult show. when the first season came out, it was the most watched foreign language series on Netflix. I hardly know anybody who watches it here in Germany though. German telly is mostly unbelievably crap so audiences don't seem to know what hit them when something genuinely good comes out of Germany for once. Germans often don't seem to like German films and TV series which become internationally successful.

Not reading any posts atm for fear of spoilers but I tried watching S3E2 lat night while a bit out of if and I couldn't keep up. I'm sure it was just because I was wasted though. I'm going back to it later.
I just think I get it and then the next thing I'm sooo confused, but its cus I left about a year to resume so have forgotten scenes from the first series. I might draw myself a dark map of people......

Agreed. I want to watch it all again now though :D

You wont regret watching the whole lot again. I know this sounds daft, but it is even better second time round. Probably because you're not anticipating what might come next so you can relax and enjoy every minute.
😁

I finished it and the last thing I want to do is watch it again.
It was ok but tbh I did not enjoy season 3 as much as the others.

I was avoiding this as I thought it was horror and I'm a wuss. But now I'm really looking forward to watching it. Have 2 weeks kid free in August so I'll save it for a binge.
It has the atmosphere of horror but its essentially science fiction. Bad things happen to kids though.

It has the atmosphere of horror but its essentially science fiction. Bad things happen to kids though.
I don't mind bad things happening to kids but that creature in Stranger Things scared the life out of me. I know you said they're different but that's how low my threshold is for scary stuff.

You hate everything anyway, stay away ! :p

This is an entire thread singing its praises, if that helps.
Well yes, that is why I had a look. I thought it was ok but I wasn't gripped/didn't find it super intriguing but am willing to stick with it if the first (and now second) episode is expanded on substantially. I like long shots a nice music, but so far I've felt the over the top sound design is a little too obvious, and holding up lingering shots of little interest.
the reason I'm asking about the future of the series. . I know everyone loved stranger things, but I was not really a fan. I'm pretty sure I didn't even get all the way through season 2, but I really enjoyed season 3, especially the second half.

I don't hate everything.

I'm finished S3Ep4 (The Origin) and just can't wait for it to end. Don't care about the plot or characters anymore. In the future they'd all be dead anyway, nuclear holocaust or not. 😉 I'm only sticking around to see if they actually stop it and how. It just got to the point I can actually see what's coming next and it's just meh. (on the last ep I predicted two pregnancies and yet the explanation about the origin was underwhelming).

My favourite thing, the beautiful mechanical time machine no longer features... It's as if its absence has has lessened my enjoyment of Dark by a fair amount.

Also, there is no rule saying this thread is for praise only. I genuinely liked it at first and now and genuinely don't like it much.

Last edited:
I'm finished S3Ep4 (The Origin) and just can't wait for it to end. Don't care about the plot or characters anymore. In the future they'd all be dead anyway, nuclear holocaust or not. 😉 I'm only sticking around to see if they actually stop it and how. It just got to the point I can actually see what's coming next and it's just meh. (on the last ep I predicted two pregnancies and yet the explanation about the origin was underwhelming).

My favourite thing, the beautiful mechanical time machine no longer features... It's as if its absence has has lessened my enjoyment of Dark by a fair amount.

Also, there is no rule saying this thread is for praise only. I genuinely liked it at first and now and genuinely don't like it much.

Season 3 is a bit intense but there's a proper twist so... hmmm

I've got 3 more left to watch. I am getting a bit annoyed that they have gone too far off track? Why are they still adding new characters so close to the end. Hopefully it will all come good. No spoilers in the replies please

I've got 3 more left to watch. I am getting a bit annoyed that they have gone too far off track? Why are they still adding new characters so close to the end. Hopefully it will all come good. No spoilers in the replies please
I felt like this too - the last season just seemed to be adding more and more stuff and getting further away from any kind of explanation or resolution.

The only new character introduced in season 3 is The Origin at the start of episode one. Otherwise we meet a few more of the main characters at ages we haven't encountered them yet, the most important being an adult and an old version of Martha, who takes the name Eva.

The one who initially confused me was the adult Claudia who travels to the future. Usually turned out very fashionably in the 80s, with her hair down and no make up she looks a little like Charlotte.
I felt like this too - the last season just seemed to be adding more and more stuff and getting further away from any kind of explanation or resolution.
I thought season 3 explains and ties everything up very well via the introduction of the parallel universe. It doesn't get further away from an explanation, it moves towards one by returning to events from season 1, but in the parallel universe.

The only episode I struggled with a little was the penultimate one because it has to resolve all the subplots. The last episode which gets back to its two lead characters provides a satisfying conclusion.

Last edited:
Well now i've finished I can say that although in general season 3 is disappointing (please stop repeating over and over "in your world, in my world" and "the end is the....which is also the" Oh FFS enough already) That the ending of the series was ,like season one especially, fucking superb. Even though the grand finale was very different to how I imagined it would be.

By far the best TV series I've ever seen but it does need patience (not something i usually have tbh) and imagination if one is to enjoy it.

I finished it and the last thing I want to do is watch it again.
It was ok but tbh I did not enjoy season 3 as much as the others.

Agreed, s3 wasn't as good. It just got a bit much with certain devices. Some things felt rushed and certain characters underdeveloped or only there to suit timeline. Still really enjoyed it but didn't feel it was quite up there.

Well now i've finished I can say that although in general season 3 is disappointing (please stop repeating over and over "in your world, in my world" and "the end is the....which is also the" Oh FFS enough already) That the ending of the series was ,like season one especially, fucking superb. Even though the grand finale was very different to how I imagined it would be.

By far the best TV series I've ever seen but it does need patience (not something i usually have tbh) and imagination if one is to enjoy it.

😁👍👍👍👍

Agreed, s3 wasn't as good. It just got a bit much with certain devices. Some things felt rushed and certain characters underdeveloped or only there to suit timeline. Still really enjoyed it but didn't feel it was quite up there.

You skimmed...didnt you...😁

Back
Top Bottom