Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dark (On Netflix)

savoloysam

Ready to move into the light
Or torrent if you like!

I'm surprised not to see a thread for this. Anybody else seen it?

It's a German series and it's fucking fantastic. People are kind of calling it a Euro version of Stranger things but I'm not having that. It's more Twin Peaks and then some. I'm currently on second viewing. I love it, it is real spine tingling stuff.

More people need to see this. Just be sure to switch off the dubbing and put on the subtitles. Unless you speak perfect German of course

I thought that was great. Yup, it has nothing to do with Stranger Things, it's more like Back to the Future if it was a horror film. The thing it's most comparable to is the recent French series The Returned. The casting of characters as they age over several decades was really well done. Great final plot twist, bring on season 2.

I thought that was great. Yup, it has nothing to do with Stranger Things, it's more like Back to the Future if it was a horror film. The thing it's most comparable to is the recent French series The Returned. The casting of characters as they age over several decades was really well done. Great final plot twist, bring on season 2.

Agree with that. The Characters are so perfectly done. I can't find a single thing that hasn't been taken off care in the production, the acting, the atmosphere. Think I nearly jumped out of my seat and started applauding at one point. I can't remember a TV series doing that to me before.

Last edited:
This is the type of show Castle Rock attempts to be (I bitched about it on the dedicated thread) but Dark succeeds where that show failed. Both are slowburn supernatural dramas about seemingly cursed small towns with
a secret time/alternate universe portal. Where Dark‘s mysteries become more intriguing as they get rolled out, weaving an intricate plot which unfolds over several generations of time traveling families, I felt cheated by the way Castle Rock revealed a similar mystery.

Last edited:
It is fantastic. Am guessing that season 2 can't be far away now? I might rewatch it, subtitled this time, I did the dubbed version when it came out.

Bumping for season two. Copied below is my post from the Netflix thread.

So I've just finished Season 2 after waitng 18 months for it. Much like Season 1 it started slow and I thought it was going to lose it's magic but by eposide 3 or 4 it all came flying back. This is by far the TV series I've ever seen. I get really pissed off with people comparing this to Stranger Things which I can't stand personally. It's more of a thinking man's Twin Peaks mixed with Donnie Darko and some Inception thrown in for good measure. The producers must surely have been influenced by these shows amyway.

Anyway I don't understand why this show is not so popular. Well I do it's a "foreign series". Give it a few years and there will be an American remake and everyone will rave about like they did with GOT. Only like most American remakes it won't be half as good.

For anyone watching it does need a bit of patience and quite a large attention span because it will literally sping your head around. Totally fucking worth it thought. What a show! Wow!

I found Dark season 1 when I was recovering from an operation and I watched it in a haze of codeine day after day, completely immersed in its world. This time round I intended to savour it, watch it once a week or so, but after two episodes I binged the lot till 4 in the morning. It's just stunning. I can't get my head around how the writers / directors have achieved it. Just getting continuity right must be the work of a small army.

Before I watched season 2, I watched all of season 1 again to keep track of all the characters and storylines. Didnt love it quite as much as season 1 but still very good.

Last year I briefly had a job as a tour guide at Studio Babelsberg, Germany's biggest film studio and they were shooting season 3 next door from where I worked. Part of our script was to mention that it was the most watched, non-English language show on Netflix. Got to sneak in one lunch time and had a look at a couple of sets. :cool:

Just started watching this. I kind of dribbled along with it for some reason but since episode 4 I've been hooked. I'm on episode 8 now it is hurtling along. Absolutely brilliant. So dark (ho ho). Complete madness. Love it.

It did the same to me. A lot of it passed me by until the scene with Martha at the school play. I was literally floored by it. I must have watched season 1 about 7 times now and still I notice new things.

It did the same to me. A lot of it passed me by until the scene with Martha at the school play. I was literally floored by it. I must have watched season 1 about 7 times now and still I notice new things.

Thats where I got hooked!!!!112! She is h'amazing!

New trailer up on the Dark Facebook page (and elsewhere no doubt)

The predictable Donnie Darko type mobuis strip ending/beginning (?) will not spoil my enjoyment.

I'm 2 episodes in and confused :D...really should've watched the last episode of series 2....where was the recap?
I watched these two and then tightly clutched my family tree of all the characters as I watched the first two episodes of season 3. :D

It's as good as ever though, the Back to the Future II of the series.

A recap is defo necessary! Only watched the first ep today but it looks promising.

Had to laugh at the actor playing Mikkel Kahnwald being used in a scene even though the kid has probably grown a foot since the first season.

Back
Top Bottom