Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cycling Track

Holy shit. This cycling caper is fraught with WTF-ery.
Germany are the gold medallists of the women's gig, now.

Chinese cyclist storming off, expect a statement saying that she is turning her back on the sport she loves!

Its all a bit of a joke really isnt it. its not like there are any short cuts inthe velodrome, they still cycled the full distance!

The first rider has to ride the full 250m at the front. It's the rules but the really tough thing is that there is no appeal and those photos they shoed us proved nothing.

:facepalm:

When spending those thousands of hours in the gym and on the track, try devoting a handful of them to learning how to do a changeover properly.

:facepalm:

When spending those thousands of hours in the gym and on the track, try devoting a handful of them to learning how to do a changeover properly.
yup cos hours and hours of practise always means you cant possibly make an incredibly small mistake

yup cos hours and hours of practise always means you cant possibly make an incredibly small mistake
It's not really an incredibly small mistake though, is it? It's an incredibly big mistake that gets you thrown out of the final, or loses you the gold medal. No point in gaining that extra 0.01 seconds if you don't even get the chance to compete.

It's the same place every time you go round the track. It's the same two riders every time they do the race. If Tom Daley and the bald one can do three and a half somersaults in perfect harmony then one cyclist can learn not to overtake another one before the gaffer tape.

It's not really an incredibly small mistake though, is it? It's an incredibly big mistake that gets you thrown out of the final, or loses you the gold medal. No point in gaining that extra 0.01 seconds if you don't even get the chance to compete.

It's the same place every time you go round the track. It's the same two riders every time they do the race. If Tom Daley and the bald one can do three and a half somersaults in perfect harmony then one cyclist can learn not to overtake another one before the gaffer tape.

Did you have money on those two women or something?
You seem to be taking it as some sort of personal insult that they cocked up.

Did you have money on those two women or something?
You seem to be taking it as some sort of personal insult that they cocked up.
Look, I have put in the hours for this Olympics. I have sat here on this sofa and watched my little heart out. I have flicked channels and looked up the events. I have followed it online whist following it on the telly. They owe me, the bastards.

Back
Top Bottom