Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cycling (Road Race and Time Trial)

391192_10150974070711569_1061765142_n.jpg

She faded. Stupid boring course.
Should have done some figures of eight around Crystal Palace.
I did think that the gradient on Box Hill looked a bit tame, and I'd have liked to see them tackle the last third of the London Classic route, specially Canonbie Rd!

Although possibly it only looked tame because they're massively fit.

Fingers crossed eh?

No, I'd never wish a crash on a cyclist.

I don't like Wiggins. I think he's been amazingly lucky in terms of the field in both his big wins this season. He's also massively improved as a cyclist at a late age, which is something I don't like to see. And Mod revivalism is an irritatingly stupid idea. But I wouldn't want him to crash.

Not a podium I'm very fond of, with Wiggins on top, the German cop in second and Froome in third.

There is a reporter on BBC North West who's just called Tony Martin an exacerbated German.
Does that mean something I don't understand or did the reporter mean exasperated?

No, I'd never wish a crash on a cyclist.

I don't like Wiggins. I think he's been amazingly lucky in terms of the field in both his big wins this season. He's also massively improved as a cyclist at a late age, which is something I don't like to see. And Mod revivalism is an irritatingly stupid idea. But I wouldn't want him to crash.

Not a podium I'm very fond of, with Wiggins on top, the German cop in second and Froome in third.

The German cop?

There is a reporter on BBC North West who's just called Tony Martin an exacerbated German.
Does that mean something I don't understand or did the reporter mean exasperated?

Maybe he's saying that German cops are even more German than other Germans.

The BBC didn't happen to call him a champion, just like Lizzie Armitstead?

Cavendish will be commentating on the track events. I hope that unlike Boardman he'll be gutsy enough to correct Porter's drivel.

Yeah, but my point was they showed him respect.
Obviously the Olympic champion is Brad.

It was a comment about a daft discussion that ran for three pages or so earlier in this thread, in that after Sunday's race the BBC referred to Lizzie Armitstead as a champion. Like Martin, she only won silver and therefore runner-up

True but also makes a change form Liggett. I;ve managed to avoid him all year except for the ITV round-ups when I hand;t time to watch it live on Europsort.

Wiggins said some stupid shit last night when asked about the death of a cyclist next to the Olympic Park. Silly boy.

What you mean he had a different view on the issue of compulsory helmets than you? He was put on the spot about an incident he (and everyone else at that point) knew very little about and so made a few general points about helmets. What on earth is silly about that?

He went off on one about headphones, lights and helmets, without knowing anything of the circumstances of the cyclist's death. Sure, he was put on the spot, but he should have been a little more circumspect.

He was asked about the cyclist - the specific case, and as he didn't know anything about it he made a general point about his views on safety. Now, you can disagree with him (as i on the whole do) but he wasn't being malicious or talking stupid shit, he was putting his views as best he could in an awkward situation. Pointless pickery this.

Back
Top Bottom